Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK Sprintex Owners Only

Old 05-26-2014, 11:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	$_57.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	555659Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2198462087.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	555660I will try to install water-to-air intercooler for my sprintex sc on near weekend... It looks like not easy, there are some issues those hurts me. In U-tube has a trench in the body on the right side. How the tube is welded on a flange? Damn, can not public the picture ((.
On the 1-st picture this pocket is located on the bottom side... Since it is necessary to install pipe, that he did not touch the cooling of the pipe?
Hey guys, anybody understood me?
Have a nice day

Last edited by Owidij; 05-26-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:04 AM
JK Newbie

Default s/c lose the oil

Hello all, I got some issue. I'm using my supercharger on my Jeep JK about three monthes. Not long ago I checked oil level in my supercharger, it's too low. Before this I heard sound like grinding stones.
I pulled the front "U" off the manifold and there was a little of oil inside of the manifold. The smell of the oil like a gear oil. I have just replaced s/c oil, and this awful sound was gone.
Anybody knows, can I use my supercharger and check the oil level everytime, doesn't damaging it?
Thx.
p. s. I'm asked people of the Innovate about my problem. may be they will find the correct solution???
Probably that I need to replace bad seals?..... I really don't want to remove s/c and send for the replacement... It is wasting money...
Old 05-31-2014, 08:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had low oil after a 1500 mile trip over a week after fresh was just added. I think we need to keep an eye on the oil more frequent than described in the manual. Now that was out to moab with two climbs over Vail pass mind you.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by demtek9
I had low oil after a 1500 mile trip over a week after fresh was just added...
Really it is impossible to buy from them more reliable seals?
Old 06-01-2014, 02:23 AM
JK Newbie

the battery was disconnected yesterday, and now engine do not running over 4000 rpm on the parking or neutral. And in addition, I got unstable idling... Idle rpm 500-800 +/- .
Do I need reflashing ecu by my tuner?
Oh, I forgot to say. I replaced the factory throttle body on the used Viper, and issues on idling not take long. But my Jeep did not feel so bad ...

Last edited by Owidij; 06-01-2014 at 02:30 AM.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey guys... Just bought a sprintex for my 2008 automatic with factory installed trans cooler... I was doing some research on international JK 2.8l diesel intercoolers, it looks like it is sandwiched in front of the radiator, condenser and trans cooler... Anyone look at this idea as an option for adding an intercooler to the sprintex? Would require fabricated outlets/inlets with plumbing but seems to be a good fit ...
Old 09-11-2014, 09:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bump..

So what is the consensus here? Has Sprintex made any progress non-intercooled? I am thinking of buying one from Jon ASAP. I need more power, but not headaches.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:59 PM
JK Newbie

Smile

All that I got is the power, pleasure but also headache, since my intercooled Jeep now consumes a lot of high-octane fuel...

Last edited by Owidij; 09-11-2014 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Owidij
All that I got is the power, pleasure but also headache, since my intercooled Jeep now consumes a lot of high-octane fuel...
So you purchased the Sprintex intercooler and still not happy with the results? :(
Old 09-15-2014, 01:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by djlarroc
So you purchased the Sprintex intercooler and still not happy with the results? :(
Well, I' m running ic, but not Sprintex. And I did not speak that I am not happy, I use rpmextreme custom tune with diablo... sometimes enrages high fuel consumption - very difficult traffic in my crazy town and my wrangler runs on low speed (((.
But on the highway he is rushing headlong.
I do not know as far as severely in the United States the traffic police punishs for excessive speed, but here I often forget all rules of speed...

Last edited by Owidij; 09-15-2014 at 01:47 AM.

Quick Reply: JK Sprintex Owners Only