Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jk running hot

Old 06-21-2016, 04:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For what it's worth, I run with OverDrive off any time I am hauling something, Or when I am in hilly terrain. Just seems like a good precaution to me.
Old 06-23-2016, 04:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So my fan gave out 2 days ago on our way down to buena vista. That caused the radiator to crack. Found the thermostat bad also.

Just got it back up and running last night. Holy cross today! We will see!!!

Northridge 4x4
Old 06-23-2016, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Would like to hear how holy cross went for you. If you need a garage or wanna wheel let me know through a PM.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

And an update on Holy Cross conditions !!!
Old 06-25-2016, 08:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have the same issue with my 2012 JKUR. On hills down nag 65 to 80 can get up to 250. I've had the fan and controler replaced, system flushed. Installed a Misimoto radiator. Daystar hood vents. Sprayed out everything. Runs a little cooler but still way to warm. I have sitting at home a new bumper tap hat will lower the winch out of the airflow. Hope this fixes the issue.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm stumped nobody has mention a fairly basic fundamental, and the main reason JKs and pretty much anything Dodge for the most part, run this hot, the fan programming temp suck. There is no need for fancy radiators, water pumps, hoods and water weeter, program the fans to come on sooner and you'll enjoy way cooler ect's.
Diablo intune or trinity can modify your fan settings.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The difference between your (OP's) and your bud's Jeeps that makes his run cooler... Probably because he is running a 6-speed so he has no trans cooler in front of the radiator. Your auto and TC are generating a lot of heat which is being rejected into the airstream that removes heat from your engine's cooling system. His radiator sees ambient (or ambient plus AC) while yours sees higher than that from the thermal energy removed from the tranny fluid added to ambient with the effect of effectively reducing the effectiveness of the radiator..
Old 07-01-2016, 04:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Riflejk
Would like to hear how holy cross went for you. If you need a garage or wanna wheel let me know through a PM.
Finally got the jeep running last wednesday night.

Holy cross was fantastic! Made it to Cleveland rock and had to turn around. Wondering if we were trying the wrong line.

Jeep runs cooler than ever since replacing the radiator, thermostat and fan. Still got up to 230 climbing out of Breckenridge on 70 but considering the steep climb and my total weight was probably 6000-6500 lbs I'm ok with that.

Northridge 4x4
Old 07-01-2016, 04:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rsmwrangler
I'm stumped nobody has mention a fairly basic fundamental, and the main reason JKs and pretty much anything Dodge for the most part, run this hot, the fan programming temp suck. There is no need for fancy radiators, water pumps, hoods and water weeter, program the fans to come on sooner and you'll enjoy way cooler ect's. Diablo intune or trinity can modify your fan settings.
My fans were programmed to come on at lower temps. Didn't help and that does little to nothing going down the road at 80.

Since my blowout and repair jeep seems to run about 2:15. Fan rarely goes into high anymore.

Northridge 4x4
Old 07-01-2016, 04:33 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by rsmwrangler
I'm stumped nobody has mention a fairly basic fundamental, and the main reason JKs and pretty much anything Dodge for the most part, run this hot, the fan programming temp suck. There is no need for fancy radiators, water pumps, hoods and water weeter, program the fans to come on sooner and you'll enjoy way cooler ect's.
Diablo intune or trinity can modify your fan settings.
Mine runs at just under halfway all year round- heat, a.c., towing, traffic, open roads- doesn't matter, it's always "cool" and I've done zero programming. The truck has been like that since I bought it off of the lot so I think it's a wide generalization to say that "all" Mopar's run hot. My friend's 2015 also runs in the same spot. I don't think I've ever seen it even hit the halfway mark in my 140k miles with it.

Quick Reply: Jk running hot