Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jk Rubicon build down under

Old 03-04-2013, 03:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jk Rubicon build down under

Ok guys and girls I have been a follower of the forum for quite a while and am not new to Jeeps. I have had 4 so far so am no first timer. I started with a TH built it up to 35s front and rear lockers and had that for 12 years then to have something a little more day to day friendly I bought a jk 2.8 CRD for day to day. As it does I decided to combine the two and bought a jku CRD (God bless Australia) I then came to a problem I wanted more and was at the.cross roads of weather I spend a hole bunch of money and re gear and lock up or but a good old Rubicon. We'll as the title suggests I bought a Rubicon. Unfortunately down here, although we do get a CRD sport or Sahara we do not get it offered in CRD.... Stupid jeep Australia. As they would sell shit loads.

Anyway I digress, my question is to run 35 inch tyres, with arb front and rear bar and stock flares what is the required lift, bump stop and other bits and pieces you would think I would need to achieve this. I know brake line extensions rear track bar bracket relocation bracket and front adjustable track bar. 3 inch springs and bump stops.... Any thing else you guys would recommend or idea's would be appreciated.

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-04-2013, 03:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by CrashmanOZ
Ok guys and girls I have been a follower of the forum for quite a while and am not new to Jeeps. I have had 4 so far so am no first timer. I started with a TH built it up to 35s front and rear lockers and had that for 12 years then to have something a little more day to day friendly I bought a jk 2.8 CRD for day to day. As it does I decided to combine the two and bought a jku CRD (God bless Australia) I then came to a problem I wanted more and was at the.cross roads of weather I spend a hole bunch of money and re gear and lock up or but a good old Rubicon. We'll as the title suggests I bought a Rubicon. Unfortunately down here, although we do get a CRD sport or Sahara we do not get it offered in CRD.... Stupid jeep Australia. As they would sell shit loads.

Anyway I digress, my question is to run 35 inch tyres, with arb front and rear bar and stock flares what is the required lift, bump stop and other bits and pieces you would think I would need to achieve this. I know brake line extensions rear track bar bracket relocation bracket and front adjustable track bar. 3 inch springs and bump stops.... Any thing else you guys would recommend or idea's would be appreciated.

Depends on budget. Absolute minimum would be 2.5" lift and that's about it. I ran 35s for a while on just a 2.5" budget boost, but rubbed at full flex. Higher budget, go for a full 3+" coil lift with shocks, steering stabilizer, control arms, etc. Nice to have, but not needed.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:09 AM
JK Newbie

Has anyone got some good advise on trimming flares. The dealer have me a lift kit thrown in. Only thing it only netted just over an inch so I was thinking of cutting the flares. Also I put my arb bars from my 08 crd on it and was thinking of cutting them. Similar to the arb stubby bar the USA now gets and doing something similar with the rear bar so it doesn't look weird!

Quick Reply: Jk Rubicon build down under