Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK Rear Seat Recline Kit (Not a Spacer

Old 07-28-2020, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Rear Seat Recline Kit (Not a Spacer

I have been in contact with a manufacturer for a Rear Seat recline product (not a spacer kit) about bringing a few of these units back to market, and wanted to gauge the interest before moving forward. This unit works for the Jeep JK only.

Video of product

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK5z...​​

Would you JK owners be interested in such a product?
Old 07-28-2020, 10:19 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,867 Likes on 1,634 Posts

It's an interesting product. I wouldn't be in the market for it myself, but that is just due to my use, or rather lack of use of the back seat. I do have the recline blocks and they suck. Really not any better. The real issue is the angle of the back to the base, which this product would solve. I could totally see enough demand to justify production if the price point was reasonable. What would something like that cost?
Old 07-28-2020, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would be interested but depends on the cost.
Old 07-28-2020, 10:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JDaPP
I would be interested but depends on the cost.
I am still working on a group buy price, but preliminary estimates puts it at around $450-500 shipped to your door per unit.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:24 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,867 Likes on 1,634 Posts

I don't see many people jumping at the chance to drop 4-5 bills on that. I was thinking that $200 - $250 would probably be the range at which people would pull the trigger, but I get that manufacturing something like that isn't cheap and profit margin has to be accounted for. I think the problem is that most rear passengers are probably kids and people just get by with the seat as is. It's not a vehicle that is usually carrying 4 adults, and where people really care about the comfort of the rear passengers to that extent. Just my opinion at least. I think most people would look at that and think it's a great idea and would love to have it, but just not willing to commit those kinds of funds.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:59 AM
JK Newbie

I would be interested. The back seats suck. I’ve been toying around with the idea of replacing the back seats with 2 buckets but this would be a cheaper option.
Old 07-29-2020, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

$450-500 is the upper end of my budget (was hoping for ~$350) but would definitely be interested even at that price.
Old 02-16-2021, 07:56 PM
JK Newbie

RKay254, Does your kit permit the rear-seat riders to select one of many recline-angles while sitting in the seat? Meaning, is it adjustable on the fly? If so, I am interested. Have you moved forward with this product? If so, please let me know where I can buy it.

Quick Reply: JK Rear Seat Recline Kit (Not a Spacer