Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK - Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier

Old 06-03-2008, 07:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dr.dirty
well i have ran mine 4 a year now and it IS rattle Free as long as it is installed correctly

i do love how people love to offer usesless advice and comments
so your corners do not touch the body at all, the bumper edges do not flex at all???
Old 06-03-2008, 07:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

LOD Offroad is on of the best

you can find pics in the boards

http://www.lodoffroad.com/jeep_jk/20...-accessory.htm
Old 06-03-2008, 08:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepik
so your corners do not touch the body at all, the bumper edges do not flex at all???
Who are you that he or anyone else owes an explanation to? He's happy with his LOD bumper and like others is offering positive suggestions to the thread poster.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:34 AM
JK Jedi Master

Northridge has PJ in stock!

I've read alot of postive reviews on LOD. They did have a couple fitment issues awhile back. As far as I know its all been fixed.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
Northridge has PJ in stock!

I've read alot of postive reviews on LOD. They did have a couple fitment issues awhile back. As far as I know its all been fixed.
Exactly, everything I've read on LOD has been positive since they've tweaked their minor issues.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:16 AM
JK Super Freak

MY FAB FOUR DOESN'T RATTLE JUST RUSTS
Old 06-03-2008, 11:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Expedition One is who I went with. Although I can't comment on noise because mine isn't installed yet, the quality and construction of it is top shelf. If you look at the Exp One, you will see that it does not block the rear license plate like some of the more popular ones and it a simple opening of the tailgate to get into the rear unlike some of the others where you have to unlatch and swing out the tire carrier before you can get to the gate.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
Expedition One is who I went with. Although I can't comment on noise because mine isn't installed yet, the quality and construction of it is top shelf. If you look at the Exp One, you will see that it does not block the rear license plate like some of the more popular ones and it a simple opening of the tailgate to get into the rear unlike some of the others where you have to unlatch and swing out the tire carrier before you can get to the gate.
i would be interested in getting your reviews on how solid the tire carrier portion is

i like the fact that you only need to open the tailgate, and not worry about opening the tire carrier

Quick Reply: JK - Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier