Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

jk pulling right. camber off

Old 10-26-2011, 02:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jk pulling right. camber off

my rig has started pulling right. ive read up a ton on this ie radial pull, camber issues etc. i had it aligned and it still pulls right. everything in the alignment was pretty much exactly what it was when i had it aligned after 2.5" lift install, except camber. -0.8 left, and -0.4 right. cross camber of about -0.4. i know a vehicle will pull to the side with the most positive camber. my question is, before i spend another cent, is that enough of a camber diff left to right to cause a pull? thanks
Old 10-26-2011, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Swap your tires side to side to eliminate that possibility, check tire pressure make sure both are the same. I don't see how a steering stabilizer would do anything since there is no loading to them. You could always just remove the stabilizer and see if the pull goes away to see if it is the issue. Were the axles parallel and the toe in set correctly when you had the alignment?
yeah the toe was fine as was the caster. i had them center my steering wheel with my procal before they set anything. i just put on new tires today, m/ts and its still there. i think theres too much play in the jk's steering and the steering wheel was ever so slightly off center when they aligned it. i'll try pulling in straight and then recentering the steering wheel. i got it on the highway today to make sure my new tires were balanced properly and its tracks straight as long as the steering wheel was a bit left. thanks

Quick Reply: jk pulling right. camber off