Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK pulling to right after lift/tires...help!!

Old 11-19-2010, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayoflife
LOL!! before you spend a dime, find someone with a set of BFG MT's or AT's and ask to try them out. just take your jeep around the block or just long enough to see if it makes a difference. i can almost guarantee that it will and that spending money on all this extra stuff won't make a difference. with toyo's, a slight pull to the right is totally normal.
hahha you like that? it did the job for me
Old 11-19-2010, 08:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL!! before you spend a dime, find someone with a set of BFG MT's or AT's and ask to try them out. just take your jeep around the block or just long enough to see if it makes a difference. i can almost guarantee that it will and that spending money on all this extra stuff won't make a difference. with toyo's, a slight pull to the right is totally normal.
ok, i definitely dont want to spend money that i dont have to. but i also dont want to put any unnecessary wear on my vehicle so the dealer can hassle me! (i read about your issues with your dealer)
Old 11-19-2010, 08:40 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jvandy50
ok, i definitely dont want to spend money that i dont have to. but i also dont want to put any unnecessary wear on my vehicle so the dealer can hassle me! (i read about your issues with your dealer)
i've been running toyos for years and they will not put any unnecessary wear on your jeep. like everyone who has them, i too have a slight pull to the right.
FWIW, i just swapped in a set of falken at's on my orange JK and, without changing a thing to the suspension, the pull went away
Old 11-19-2010, 08:50 PM
JK Freak

i've been running toyos for years and they will not put any unnecessary wear on your jeep. like everyone who has them, i too have a slight pull to the right.
FWIW, i just swapped in a set of falken at's on my orange JK and, without changing a thing to the suspension, the pull went away
i've noticed a lot of pics with yours running toyo's. so i feel a little better knowing all you guys have had the same thing going on.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:53 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jvandy50
i've noticed a lot of pics with yours running toyo's. so i feel a little better knowing all you guys have had the same thing going on.
yeah, most everyone that i wheel with runs toyos now. their sidewalls are practically bullet proof and to this day, i have yet to have to change one out on the trail.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=bubba_zenetti;1945985]Increase the caster on the right side by 1 degree will usually get rid of most of it.

How did you get the solid front axle to twist enough to change the castor on the right without changing it on the left as well? I tried that until I realized I wasn't going to twist the axle, which has to happen to accomplish it. Two alignment shops tried that until I asked them the same question. They agreed. It's possible to do it with an independant axle, but not, to my knowlege, on a solid axle.

WOL may be right, regarding trying different tires. Sometimes, that's all it takes. However, I rotated the stock tires and the new MTRs and the pull didn't stop until I pushed the right side forward with the adjustable arms. The PSC addition corrected the rest of it only because the ram has pressure to hold it straight.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Crasher;1946373]
Originally Posted by bubba_zenetti
Increase the caster on the right side by 1 degree will usually get rid of most of it.

How did you get the solid front axle to twist enough to change the castor on the right without changing it on the left as well? I tried that until I realized I wasn't going to twist the axle, which has to happen to accomplish it. Two alignment shops tried that until I asked them the same question. They agreed. It's possible to do it with an independant axle, but not, to my knowlege, on a solid axle.

WOL may be right, regarding trying different tires. Sometimes, that's all it takes. However, I rotated the stock tires and the new MTRs and the pull didn't stop until I pushed the right side forward with the adjustable arms. The PSC addition corrected the rest of it only because the ram has pressure to hold it straight.
you have to have adjustable front lower control arms to adjust your caster
Old 11-20-2010, 08:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Pluke the 2;1946389]
Originally Posted by Crasher

you have to have adjustable front lower control arms to adjust your caster
Yes, I know. I have upper and lower adjustables up front. I was saying that I don't see how you can change the castor on one side of a solid axle and not affect the other. To my knowledge, it can't be done.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:42 AM
JK Freak

ok guys i'm back...will post a pic when i get time to scan it in, but i am at work. so here goes.

got an alignment and tires/wheels balanced today because of a high speed shimmy at 65-70mph. JK is still pulling to the right but no real big deal to me. however, my thrust angle for the rear is -0.30 and the alignment guy asked if it had been wrecked or if it pulls to the right (he doesnt work with ORVs often). i have the rancho 4in sport lift with trackbar brackets front and rear

Quick Reply: JK pulling to right after lift/tires...help!!