Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK pulling to right after lift/tires...help!!

Old 11-19-2010, 05:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK pulling to right after lift/tires...help!!

i had the rancho sport lift installed monday, resulting in a slight pull to the right but nothing major. i had toyo 35s put on yesterday and now the pull to the right is more exaggerated and almost to the point of annoying. i have been reading alot and seems others have had the toyos pull right also. any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance
Old 11-19-2010, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

After I put my lift on my jeep is pulling to the right as well. I am running the Goodyear Kevlars. I'm in the same boat.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:36 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

it's radial pull - totally normal especially with toyo's and mtr's
Old 11-19-2010, 05:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Get a trackbar to recenter your front axle and/or get adjustable lower control arms to adjust your caster. From reading other posts, adjustable lower control arms seem to be the most helpful in fixing this pull to the right.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pretty normal for being lifted and adding big meats, especially MTs. Adding front LCA's and front adjustable trackbar helped my rig alot on the road, steering is less "darty" and the front end feels much better over bumps.

Last edited by Bosox5; 11-19-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RN M OVR
Get a trackbar to recenter your front axle and/or get adjustable lower control arms to adjust your caster. From reading other posts, adjustable lower control arms seem to be the most helpful in fixing this pull to the right.
i was looking at getting lower control arms as i've read they might help. i am new to this and may let it ride for a month or so and see if i get used to it. i think it would bug me a little less if i would just recenter my steering wheel. do the lower control arms combat the radial pull?
Old 11-19-2010, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

My JKU drifted to the right when new. After the 3" lift and MTRs it became a pull to the right. Axle was centered, Castor @ 4.5*, and nothing changed. After installing upper and lower adjustable CAs, I pushed the right side of the front axle about 1/2" forward and that took care of most of the pull. After I added PSC steering assist, the pull is completely gone. The hydraulic ram is enough to hold the line. The Jeep now handles better than when new.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Crasher
My JKU drifted to the right when new. After the 3" lift and MTRs it became a pull to the right. Axle was centered, Castor @ 4.5*, and nothing changed. After installing upper and lower adjustable CAs, I pushed the right side of the front axle about 1/2" forward and that took care of most of the pull. After I added PSC steering assist, the pull is completely gone. The hydraulic ram is enough to hold the line. The Jeep now handles better than when new.
sounds like i need to start saving some money to buy a few things! thanks for the info yall.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if your pull is to the right. and your axles are centered. i would look into a fox steering stabilizer with tom wood's relocation bracket.

mine pulled right. added the ss and told the shop to drop down the psi in their fox ss to 50 and the pull is gone for 100%
Old 11-19-2010, 07:57 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

LOL!! before you spend a dime, find someone with a set of BFG MT's or AT's and ask to try them out. just take your jeep around the block or just long enough to see if it makes a difference. i can almost guarantee that it will and that spending money on all this extra stuff won't make a difference. with toyo's, a slight pull to the right is totally normal.

Quick Reply: JK pulling to right after lift/tires...help!!