Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK owners experiencing pinging with their Superchips tunes

Old 08-16-2010, 07:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've still had no contact through the superchips forum and my issue tracking (which has all my details) :(

It seems this pinging issue has not been resolved since March!! I suspect there are many people running tunes that have ping that do not know what ping sounds like or just don't hear it.

I had high hopes for the flashpaq after reading up on them, it's just a shame it doesn't work for everyone. I'm left very disappointed with my purchase of superchips and will be selling mine.

Last edited by vans; 08-16-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vans
I've still had no contact through the superchips forum and my issue tracking (which has all my details) :(

It seems this pinging issue has not been resolved since March!! I suspect there are many people running tunes that have ping that do not know what ping sounds like or just don't hear it.

I had high hopes for the flashpaq after reading up on them, it's just a shame it doesn't work for everyone. I'm left very disappointed with my purchase of superchips and will be selling mine.
They informed me last Friday that they have 5 guys in their are doing tests. I will give them more time :|
Would be nice if they keep us updated though.

Last edited by JK@ZA; 08-16-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK@ZA
They informed me last Friday that they have 5 guys in their are doing tests. I will give them more time :|
Would be nice if they keep us updated though.
Yeah i know it would be nice instead of having to chase it up all the time. I understand that they would like to remedy the issue but after having a good logical think about it they will most likely just back the timing off or alter the fuel maps until it stops pinging, in which case the tune probably wouldn't be that much different to stock...
Old 08-17-2010, 06:34 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Superchips Representative

Guy's, I realize this is difficult waiting for answers from us on this issue. Please know that we are doing everything in our power to nail the pinging issue down. We don’t purposely want to keep you from enjoying the investment that you have made with us.

I will update everyone the minute I hear anything.

Scott
Old 08-25-2010, 09:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
Guy's, I realize this is difficult waiting for answers from us on this issue. Please know that we are doing everything in our power to nail the pinging issue down. We don’t purposely want to keep you from enjoying the investment that you have made with us.

I will update everyone the minute I hear anything.

Scott
I am still pinging away
Old 08-26-2010, 10:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
This issue is very limited and those who have experienced the problem and contacted our customer service have been attended to promptly and their issue resolved in a timely manner.

Additionally, I am also available for direct assistance to any member of this forum if ever needed.

Give the programmer a shot and let us know how it works for you. We appreciate your comments and feedback!

Scott

Scott
Has anyone actually had their pinging issue solved yet?
Old 08-31-2010, 08:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK@ZA
Mine was just updated, now:
FlashPaq 3875
V1.21.02
Diesel DB - V090
Car DB - V170
Gas Trruck DB - V423
5.9L - V006
6.7L - V006
was just asked to update Tuner and test for 50 miles

Currant versions:

FlashPaq 3875
V1.21.02
Diesel DB - V090
Car DB - V175
Gas Trruck DB - V428
5.9L - V006
6.7L - V006
Old 08-31-2010, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got the same email, going to update it tonight and see what happens. I will say however that my pinging has vanished except under load at higher elevations. I haven't been back to the mountains the last couple weeks so I haven't been able to log any info on the pinging.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:22 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Superchips Representative

We have several users testing a new database for pinging issues. If all test go well we will release the database to the public for everyone to update.

I will keep everyone updates as I hear more.

Scott
Old 08-31-2010, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

Scott,

I've since sold my superchips after having a gut full. Can you please remove any specific programming from the serial number so the new owner does not have any troubles. Good luck to everyone else, i hope they sort it out.

Peter

Quick Reply: JK owners experiencing pinging with their Superchips tunes