Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK Netting question...

Old 07-21-2009, 04:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the mesh tops - outstanding. Really good quality and fit. I saw the netting at the JKJam. I wasn't a fan of the grommets so went with the raingler nets for the sides.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:02 AM
JK Newbie

Just picked up the rear pet divider for the unlimited JK and my first impressions are great! Nice snug fit, no gap between the top of the net and roll bar. The sides extend out and attach to the side roll bars so there is barely any space between the door frame and the net for the beast in the back to squeeze though, which was the down fall of every other net i looked at for my application (Keep dog in back).

Grommets look great and you can clip carabineers to them for storage or make a good place to tie to. Straps were a bit thinner than I expected but plenty strong, good quality and workmanship all around. Doesn’t block the rear view to badly, and the grommets actually help with visibility a bit.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:05 AM
JK Newbie

They must have raised the price...now a JK kit is $244.95 - $274.95, plus shipping. Not $200.

I'm guessing that as soon as his stuff gets picked up by a distributor, that price will increase to near Raingler's pricing of $344+.

I do like the grommets, though - would be perfect for 'biners and gear connection.

However, one of the perks of this type of netting is to deter would-be thieves. I've owned a set of the Raingler nets on my last Rubicon, and the difference is that, although they're harder to put on due to the inside cinch-clasp mechanism, they would take a while for the thieves to get them off, especially if they weren't familiar with the attachment mechanism. These Dirty Dog versions appear to have simple, plastic pinch-clasps that look pretty easy to remove from the outside.

Last edited by TheDude73; 10-14-2010 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dirty Dog is a member of our local club - BAJA (Brampton Area Jeep Association) I can vouch for him - Stand-up guy who started DD in his spare time (methinks he's a firefighter by day).

I've got a DD sunscreen for the front seats and it's solidly made. I love the look of the netting, and might pick them up for my JK next summer.

As for pricing... I don't know. Prices get skewed by the US/CDN exchange rate, which is hovering around 1:1 at the moment, so that might be a reason for the re-set....
Old 10-15-2010, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

you could also checkout Safari Straps, the come in two different strap widths, I have the extended version from windshield to tailgate, absolutely love it

Quick Reply: JK Netting question...