Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK lift kit from Mopar

Old 08-29-2010, 09:19 AM
Uwe
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK lift kit from Mopar

I'm thinking of installing the 2" lift kit from Mopar for the Jeep JK. Has anyone here installed this and can give some opinions about it? This would be compared to other similar kits from other brands. First i wanted to install a leveling kit from teraflex but then, this is not comparable...

I use my JK on standard paved roads for 90% while the reminder is being driven on unpaved ways.

An example is here:
http://www.justforjeeps.com/jkwr2likit.html

I do understand that a lot has been written here about lift kits... but a few words more...

Last edited by Robar; 08-29-2010 at 11:52 AM. Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST CLICKABLE NON SPONSOR LINKS
Old 08-29-2010, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Cam Bolts

This kit uses "cam alignment bolts" or 'cam bolts", when I was searching for lift kits everyone that I talked to told me to stay away from the 'cam bolts".

The install guide from Mopar for this lift say's; "Adjustable alignment cams (at lower link-arms-to-axle attachment points) correct caster angle.

In other words on your lower control arm mounts you have to 'knock" or "punch" out the round tab to create a square tab so you can adjust the caster after the lift.
Once this tab is punched out there's no going back, unless you have someone weld a round washer back onto your lower control arm mount.

Do a search on here for "cam bolts" and you will learn a lot about them....everything I have read say's don't use them.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:35 AM
JK Freak

You can get a lot better lift for that money that does not have cam bolts.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Check out the new 1 1/2" coil lift leveling kit from Teraflex that is just coming out. It runs $400.00. Check with Dave at Northridge, he usually offers pretty good deals.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cppower
You can get a lot better lift for that money that does not have cam bolts.
I was talking to a local dealer about getting a 2011. I then brought up lifting it. He told me that I had to put the MOPAR lift on it in order to keep my warranty. I told him he was crazy and wanted to talk to the Service Manager who was not there! This lift is way over priced for what you get...

I also was looking to get this lift kit. But then looked to AEV... http://www.quadratec.com/products/16502_4001.htm, but also uses cam bolts. So using the AVE lift I may need to use the AEV Geometry Correction Front Control Arm Brackets: http://www.quadratec.com/products/16502_4300.htm These brackets decrease the operating angle range of the front driveshaft and eliminate the need for adjustable control arms or cam bolts for caster correction.

If you have your heart set on the MOPAR lift, get some adjustable lower control arms... like: http://www.quadratec.com/products/16213_104.htm. Keep in mind you can get a good lift that includes adjustable control arms for the front and rear for about the price of the MOPAR lift.

Maybe someone can recommend a better lift than the MOPAR... I for one would like some ideas.

Last edited by rktman56; 08-29-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:06 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I'm not mistaken, the mopar 2in lift is a re-branded Superlift 4in. A member on here has one.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tls001
Check out the new 1 1/2" coil lift leveling kit from Teraflex that is just coming out. It runs $400.00. Check with Dave at Northridge, he usually offers pretty good deals.
haven't heard of this one, do you have a link?
Old 08-29-2010, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thom1879
haven't heard of this one, do you have a link?
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...e-Leveling-Kit
Old 08-29-2010, 02:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

i would stay away from mopar. where i'm from the mopar lifts are way over priced and who knows....some of the parts on them might be from china or mexico. it is chrysler after all.

i went with the 2.5" coil TF- and from what I understand all parts are made in the US. much better quality.

when i think about upgrades i hesitate before i consider mopar or chrysler parts, just think of all the e-locker, electronic sway bar disconnect issues they had. some of their stuff isn't made to be abused.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:25 PM
JK Freak

Recently saw one installed on a new jeep waiting to be sold at the dealership..(Wanted to buy the jeep and was going to make them take off the lift) The lift uses cam bolts which is not a safe way to adjust your alignment. It comes with a rear track bar bracket instead of an adjustable rear track bar and they extend the brake lines by pulling on them instead of providing extended new brake lines. The metal brake lines were rubbing against the shock support and already showed signs wear. I would also question of the lift actually gave the lift a full 2". The shocks were also cheap inexpensive shocks. I would go with a 2.5" teraflex budget boost over that piece of junk.

Quick Reply: JK lift kit from Mopar