Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK LED MILITARY TAIL LIGHT CONVERSION ISEE Systems

Old 05-18-2014, 05:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't need the buckets on those tails. The light assembly alone will work without the buckets and can be nearly flush mounted. You'd need to fill the tail light hole to mount them.

Like I said, I like the isee lights, my only concern is the plastic bracket. Warrior makes metal ones...I'm planning on one day putting Trucklite military tails on the JK
Old 05-19-2014, 01:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Macman1138
I find the reverse lights very bright indeed, the best I have seen on any LED Wrangler tail lights. I do agree that they are too pricey.

How well can you see them in bright daylight? One of the white tail lights' objectives is to indicate to other people/drivers you are going backwards.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Well, I have skids and armor covering most of my Jeep and it was all purchased for a logical reason. Ripped fenders off on trees, dented the tub, crawl over rocks, etc. So, makes sense to add protection.

When my Jeep even smells a tree nearby, the brake lights basically fall out. It's a crappy design. All I'm saying is why spend a ton of coin on a flawed light design. As far as light goes, what is wrong with the stock lights? Mine turn red when I hit the brake

Maybe I should just ask, what value does one get from those lights? I understand replacing the headlights with something brighter (though I think the stock lights are fine).

I mean, they can be made of titanium, but so long as they stick out and bolt on like the stock lights it doesn't matter. Well, I guess when they fall out from bumping a tree and my buddy drives over it with 40" MTRs, they might not break
Why don't you express your self to someone that would do some good: dougm@advancedvehiclesystems.com?
Have fun tearing your Jeep all to pieces on trees, rocks, roll overs, wrecks and such....
Old 05-20-2014, 04:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Cedo Nulli
You don't need the buckets on those tails. The light assembly alone will work without the buckets and can be nearly flush mounted. You'd need to fill the tail light hole to mount them.

Like I said, I like the isee lights, my only concern is the plastic bracket. Warrior makes metal ones...I'm planning on one day putting Trucklite military tails on the JK
It seems that you are missing a whole point that I won't bother explaining to you. If you don't like them, don't buy. Simple as that.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Sahara_Maverick
How well can you see them in bright daylight? One of the white tail lights' objectives is to indicate to other people/drivers you are going backwards.
Bright reverse lights are not needed in the bright of day, only in the dark of night. People see that they are lit and only the perfectly clueless can't see a vehicle backing out or would be focusing solely on reverse lights.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Not sure I see the value? If you're replacing tail lights, seems like something flush to the body is ideal. I know I'm sick of having my tail lights ripped off on the trail...
Your post reminds me of the old joke: A man goes to the doctor and says, "Doctor, I have broken my arm in 4 places!"
The doctor says, "Then stay out of those places!"
If you are having those concerns, then buy or cobble something you are comfortable with. You need to understand that there are all kinds of Jeepers that don't view their Wrangler or what ever Jeep they drive as something to take out on a trail to bang, roll, rip off the fenders or otherwise destroy.
To them it's a matter of dependable, rugged transportation, a daily driver. You need to respect that.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

To the OP, I recently saw these lights this week on a Jeep here in N.J., they are made out of a Polycarbonate plastic so they are "durable". I would not want to hit them against some inanimate object and personally you would just be buying them for the look, the design of the lights does not seem thought out correctly to me and the company probably needs to recuperate their R&D for this light. I would have integrated the reverse lights under the signal light in place of the infrared lights because civilians are not going to ever need those lights unless your buddy has night vision goggles. I also thought that the military light was an actual bucket light, but upon further inspection there was just a metal plate blocking a hole on the back side of the light, and an actual bucket light would be nice for this price range which is $550, and if you think about it you are very close in price with the Genright Corners that have a recessed light, not saying that recessed is the way to go unless you do a lot of tight trails. I just changed mine with a recessed tail light, but that was my preference due crawling tight trails in upstate NY. Personally I think if you want a nice LED that is low profile I would go with the Metal Cloak.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cormac827
Why do you think these are military gear? I couldn't imagine seeing those on a military vehicle. Why do they need the red plastic over everything if the lights shine red? Reflector laws?

Not trying to hate on them too much- I think they look kinda cool but I would prefer something blacked out I think! And less plasticky if possible , but I know that's tough
Actually we do have these on a lot of our bigger vehicles. Pretty much identicle except for the square housing with the two reverse lights.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ShadowBlade72
The area under the tail light is usually filled with IR (infrared) LED's. That way you can run fully blacked out, but still be able to see the guy in front of you with your NVG's (Night Vision Goggles).

Attachment 552949
Actually the Black out marker/brake lights are not IR. They are visible without NVGs. This technology dates back to WWII. Its interesting that they only have the rear lights. There is no mention of the front light assy and the Blackout drive lamp. I have the real LED lights on my Trailer and even wired up the "cat eyes" to work on a separate switch even the brake light(the small light on the bottom) works. Not sure what the manufacturer was talking about classified stuff was left out of the replicas. There is nothing secret about these lights. They are NOT DOT approved. The lens does not reflect like civilian models. On my JK, I was originally going to retro fit these led lights(they work with a 12V system), but that was too much trouble. I can still add the Black out feature to the jeep using a CUCV/M880 Blackout light kit. Not sure why I need to drive around in the dark though. Maybe it will make a great conversation piece. And I'm bored

Quick Reply: JK LED MILITARY TAIL LIGHT CONVERSION ISEE Systems