Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jk lean and rotating tires/alignment

Old 03-29-2013, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was hoping I could find some insight as to this issue I have been having with my 2013 jku sport. At about 2000 miles we installed the bds 3" lift kit with upgrading fox 2.0 shocks. At the same time we added 35x12.50 toyo mt tires. Since then the jeep as always pulled to the right and had the "jk lean". I'm not too worried about the lean as it seems fairly normal. The shopped that put the lift on did an alignment stills pulls to the right. I wanted to give them some more adjustability so I ordered the rock Kramer LCAs. Had a different shop put them on and they tweaked the alignment. Still pulls to the right. A 3000 miles I had the oil changed and the tires rotated at the dealership. I asked them about the jeep pulling to the right and he said that some pull to the right is natural but he would drive it anyways. He called me and said it in fact pulled hard to the right, more than it should. No sh*t. He told me that the tech said to align it properly would be a 3 hour job at 90$ per hour. Mainly because of the LCAs I got. He said that in order to adjust them they had to be removed, lengthened or shortened and then reinstalled. I'm not a mechanic, but I call BS on that. The shop that installed the LCAs didn't have to do that. Any ideas?

Last edited by brisk00; 03-29-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brisk00
Was hoping I could find some insight as to this issue I have been having with my 2013 jku sport. At about 2000 miles we installed the bds 3" lift kit with upgrading fox 2.0 shocks. At the same time we added 35x12.50 toyo mt tires. Since then the jeep as always pulled to the right and had the "jk lean". I'm not too worried about the lean as it seems fairly normal. The shopped that put the lift on did an alignment stills pulls to the right. I wanted to give them some more adjustability so I ordered the rock Kramer LCAs. Had a different shop put them on and they tweaked the alignment. Still pulls to the right. A 3000 miles I had the oil changed and the tires rotated at the dealership. I asked them about the jeep pulling to the right and he said that some pull to the right is natural but he would drive it anyways. He called me and said it in fact pulled hard to the right, more than it should. No sh*t. He told me that the tech said to align it properly would be a 3 hour job at 90$ per hour. Mainly because of the LCAs I got. He said that in order to adjust them they had to be removed, lengthened or shortened and then reinstalled. I'm not a mechanic, but I call BS on that. The shop that installed the LCAs didn't have to do that. Any ideas?
Why did you switch shops??
Old 03-30-2013, 12:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Assuming Rock Krawler arms, only need to drop the axle ends, loosen jamnuts, turn joint and reverse to adjust caster. Takes me about 20mins on the ground with an impact wrench and floor jack.

The BDS lift; did it come with track bars or relocation brackets or nothing? Would love to see an alignment readout to see where it is, there's only so much to adjust and pulling right isn't normal. Really need to know where the camber/caster is and if your diffs are centered in the chassis after the lift. I would pay for just an alignment check (I pay $30) and post your readout. You can also take a long level against the tire sidewall and measure off of the fender flare to the level and make sure you're equal on both sides for each axle (centered).

Also, make sure your front wheels spin freely when off the ground just to make sure you don't have an odd caliper issue....

Quick Reply: Jk lean and rotating tires/alignment