Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK Jeep Build

Old 12-11-2012, 08:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Jeep Build

I have started putting some pieces of my JK together. I currently have the Smittybilt XRC front bumper, Body Armor rear bumper with tire mount, and a Procomp 1.75 spacer lift.

I am planning on replacing the fenders with the Bushwacker flat style flares.

The question I have is, after the installation of the Bushwacker flares, will I be able to run 35's? It looks like I may have to trim a little of the body and the factory rock rails in the rear, but other than that it seems I should be able to go with 35's.

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Jeff
Old 12-11-2012, 08:42 PM
JK Newbie

I run 35s with my bush wacker flat fenders and a leveling kit. Trying to keep the jeep low and maintain the articulation I need to hit the trails. So far so good. No need to do anything to your rails, but you will need to cut away some metal from the body. Totally worth it.

Good luck
Old 12-11-2012, 08:49 PM
JK Newbie

Oh yeah. I just put on stock rubi rails. Replaced the step and I am putting on 1.5" wheel spacers. It will give me a little more articulation.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:52 PM
JK Newbie

Kg,

Thanks for the reply. Have you noticed any rubs or anything?

I plan of getting 15" MB72 wheels from Discount Tire, I think they have a backspace of 3.75 inches. I think I will be running the BF Goodrich tires.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Jeff
Old 12-11-2012, 09:27 PM
JK Newbie

No rubs. I had it out wheeling pretty hard and it went well. I have 16 inch rims and 35 inch tires. The wheel spacers are not totally necessary, but I got them for $100, so it's a nice cheap mod.

Quick Reply: JK Jeep Build