Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jk Hemi swap radiator options (still in production)

Old 01-04-2023 | 07:10 PM
JK Newbie

Default Jk Hemi swap radiator options (still in production)

Seems like some companies have stopped making radiator options for the JK Hemi swaps. Which companies are still offering options (that don't leak) and have they successfully fixed the ongoing issues? Anyone tried the Entropy option??
Old 01-09-2023 | 07:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't think you need a made for Hemi swap radiator. I just got done doing a Hemi swap and I'm using the stock JK 3.8L rad and fan. I've only driven it in winter, so I don't know if cooling will be an issue in the summer heat.
Are you actually having over heating issues?
The following users liked this post:
Sixty4x4 (01-10-2023)
Old 01-10-2023 | 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LTHL VPR
Seems like some companies have stopped making radiator options for the JK Hemi swaps. Which companies are still offering options (that don't leak) and have they successfully fixed the ongoing issues? Anyone tried the Entropy option??
Im still running the mishimoto jk hemi rad in my 2007 JKU with AEV 6.4 with no issues. I didnt like how close the fan was to the engine so i had the rad mounts modified so it sits closer to the front of the vehicle.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...1/#post4396938

Originally Posted by Junkyard junkie
I don't think you need a made for Hemi swap radiator. I just got done doing a Hemi swap and I'm using the stock JK 3.8L rad and fan. I've only driven it in winter, so I don't know if cooling will be an issue in the summer heat.
Are you actually having over heating issues?
Im curious as to what kit you used as i dont see how this is physically possible with the AEV 6.4 conversion kit anyways. The filler neck is on the opposite side as well as an outlet.
Old 01-10-2023 | 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I didn't use a kit. I got the bolt-in mounts from JSS and harness and computer from Hot Wire Auto,
and made everything else necessary to make it all work. Which wasn't much to speak of. The exhaust was the only real PITA part.
Engine and transmission are from a 2006 commander, so it already had the right type of timing cover and belt driven accessories to fit in the JK. Its the 5.7L and 545 REF.
Old 01-10-2023 | 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

Just to echo what Junkyardjunkie said - I run a 3.8 stock rad with my Chev LT conversion and yes the HP is quite a bit down on what the 6.4 puts out but I use a Camaro 2018SS fan that is infinitely variable and temps never rise above 90C or 205F even wheeling slow on steep hills on a 95-100Fday. The secret is the fan and keeping all of the shrouds sealed so that the air pulled by the fan has to go through the radiator not bypass it. Those 5.7/6.4s are just not going to work hard enough in a Jeep to heat up a lot.
Old 01-10-2023 | 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sixty4x4
Just to echo what Junkyardjunkie said - I run a 3.8 stock rad with my Chev LT conversion and yes the HP is quite a bit down on what the 6.4 puts out but I use a Camaro 2018SS fan that is infinitely variable and temps never rise above 90C or 205F even wheeling slow on steep hills on a 95-100Fday. The secret is the fan and keeping all of the shrouds sealed so that the air pulled by the fan has to go through the radiator not bypass it. Those 5.7/6.4s are just not going to work hard enough in a Jeep to heat up a lot.
Yeap, that's it you nailed it. The key is to cover the rad as much as possible with the fan shroud. This is as important if not more so than the CFM of the fan. And a whole lot more engineering has gone into a factory shroud compared to anything after market.
Old 01-11-2023 | 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah im using the OE 3.8 fan and have never had cooling issues even in the middle of summer in 4LO most the day. Mind you the fan pretty much runs constantly on low speed but has never required hi speed. I keep a spare fan on trips just in case

Quick Reply: Jk Hemi swap radiator options (still in production)