Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK Heavy Duty Crossmember

Old 12-17-2015, 06:40 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebar-7
good deal , so it uses the stock fasteners
Were it bolts to frame brackets then.
yes it reuses all stock fasteners. has welded nuts just like stock for tranny mount and stock bolts nuts to frame. plug and play.
Old 12-18-2015, 02:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it was me I would get the artec crossmember that has the brackets built into it for a long arm upper links, then get the lower Frame bracket and fab up some links :-)
Old 12-18-2015, 03:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DigitalPunk
If it was me I would get the artec crossmember that has the brackets built into it for a long arm upper links, then get the lower Frame bracket and fab up some links :-)
You're backwards on that. The crossmember is for the lower links. You need brackets for the uppers.

While the artec crossmember is plenty strong, I wouldn't trust the stock frame brackets and bolts.
Old 12-18-2015, 04:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
You're backwards on that. The crossmember is for the lower links. You need brackets for the uppers. While the artec crossmember is plenty strong, I wouldn't trust the stock frame brackets and bolts.
haha the thought crossed my mind when I saw that one with the brackets. And yes
Invest it seems all the stock brackets are thin and look weak
Old 12-22-2015, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DigitalPunk
I have the artec crossmember with brackets, its beef. You get a pretty good workout installing it. Everything lined up to the bolt holes perfectly. If you are building your own links, this is the solution.

Last edited by TweakJK; 12-22-2015 at 06:26 PM.

Quick Reply: JK Heavy Duty Crossmember