Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jk exhaust

Old 01-25-2009, 07:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Jk exhaust

Allright, there are so so many exhaust systems out there, Most recently I saw the ARB Cat back system, they actually have a video with sound so you can hear it. Anyway with that said what is the best for the price there all about 300 bucks or so but I am sure someone out in the JK-Forum has installed one taken one off or has helpful advice.
Any advice would be awesome
Old 01-25-2009, 07:16 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

are you asking if anyone has run the ARB exhaust or just looking for people who are running an aftermarket one in general? if it's the later, i am running the rancho exhaust and really like it a lot. it's an easy bolt on application, sounds great and is priced reasonably.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MBRP (sponsor) is coming out with a relocation kit and already has a conventional up grade
Old 01-25-2009, 09:45 AM
JK Freak

I relocated it but didn't use any kind of kit, just go down to your local exhaust shop and tell them what you want. I have a 2-door and there is a perfect slot for a 6'' magnaflow race muffler. Sounds great and tucks it up out of the way. Paid just over $100 for the muffler and install.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:02 AM
JK Freak

I am running the magnaflow system I got from another forum member. I love the sound and it doesn't resonate at all. I think they run a little more new in the $500 range. The muffler is in the stock location, but it is much smaller and a little more up out of the way. The only problem I had with the install was that I had to get a couple rubber hanger connectors/isolators from the autoparts store because the placement of the hangers caused a vibration from time to time. The longer hanger Isolators did the trick and were less than $10
Old 01-25-2009, 05:02 PM
JK Freak

I used an Dynomax Ultraflo " Bullet Race Muffler " ( only about 6 inches in diameter ) And tucked it up close to the factory heat shield in the factory muffler location !!! I have no worries about rock hits ; since you have to crawl under the Jeep just to see the thing !!
Old 01-25-2009, 07:23 PM
JK Freak

The cooltech kit is great, it has everything you need and takes less than 1.5 hours to re-locate the muffler.

Nice avatar by the way!!
Old 01-25-2009, 09:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HULKGREEN
I used an Dynomax Ultraflo " Bullet Race Muffler " ( only about 6 inches in diameter ) And tucked it up close to the factory heat shield in the factory muffler location !!! I have no worries about rock hits ; since you have to crawl under the Jeep just to see the thing !!
How does it sound? I was considering doing something similar.

Quick Reply: Jk exhaust