Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK exhaust

Old 08-01-2012, 07:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mbrp

MBRP all the way here is a sound clip from mine the day after I installed it. Since then the sound has deepened and is much less ricey.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...o-clip-226706/
Old 08-01-2012, 07:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You referenced torque, fuel economy, and money in your orignal post. Since nobody has mention the setup I'm running I will just throw it out as an option. I have RIPP headers with the hush power resonator and the MBRP cat-back. Together these make a great system.

You definitely gain HP and Torque. I have never had it dyno'd so I would have to refer you to Ripp's site. It states "35lbs/ft or torque 600 RPM sooner than stock and 25 rear-wheel HP gains with excellent response throughout the RPM range".

I did see an increase on my MPG. I primarily noticed it on the highway. I have been running this setup for almost a year but if memory serves me I increased almost 2MPG.

Cost was your other comment. It's not cheap but I do not regret the purchase on bit. The wife has a 2012 JKU and when I drive hers I can't hear it and I can't feel it. I love the sound, the slight rumble, and the added throttle response. This was all notice pre-supercharger fopr those of your looking at my profile.

Money is the ruling issue with many people but if it is not I would go with Ripp headers and MBRP. No questions asked!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubitron27
I did a turn down with the dynomax ultra flo muffler. It was very simple and the muffler was only $70. It is the same muffler used in the rock crawler exhaust kit. If you have the money go for the whole kit if not do what I did.

P/N 17263 is the muffler for this DIY option.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:48 AM
JK Freak

What's the pn for the dynomax catback
Old 08-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Cam36
What's the pn for the dynomax catback
Looking at your avatar and join date, I am guessing a 2 door 2012?
If so, P/N 39524, this is our "rock crawler" system.

Dynomax® Performance Exhaust | 2012 JEEP Wrangler 2 Door 3.6L V6: Single - 2.5" Cat-Back system, 4" Polished Stainless Steel Tip, Ultra Flo Polished Muffler

Old 08-01-2012, 09:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dynomax

Looking at your avatar and join date, I am guessing a 2 door 2012?
If so, P/N 39524, this is our "rock crawler" system.

Dynomax® Performance Exhaust | 2012 JEEP Wrangler 2 Door 3.6L V6: Single - 2.5" Cat-Back system, 4" Polished Stainless Steel Tip, Ultra Flo Polished Muffler

Thank you sir! I work at advance auto and it's always a pleasure to deal with you guys!
Old 08-01-2012, 10:20 AM
JK Newbie

another vote for the MBRP offroad exhaust. installed mine a few months back; sounds great and easy install. out of the way now and no worries when offroad.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:19 PM
JK Newbie

Default Dynomax vt!!!

Just had the Dynomax VT installed on my 2010 2 door. When you step on it is sounds great and no drone!!! The guy that installed it was steering me toward anything but Dynomax. When I picked it up he told me this was the best system that Dynomax had ever made and he would actually recommend it to other customers. I feel great about the decision to go with the VT!
Old 08-02-2012, 05:22 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by VinsonRC
Just had the Dynomax VT installed on my 2010 2 door. When you step on it is sounds great and no drone!!! The guy that installed it was steering me toward anything but Dynomax. When I picked it up he told me this was the best system that Dynomax had ever made and he would actually recommend it to other customers. I feel great about the decision to go with the VT!
Very cool! Love hearing stories like this.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:39 AM
JK Newbie

Has anyone got the Offroad Evolution Double Throwdown system
and their exhaust passing all the way out the rear

Quick Reply: JK exhaust