Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK Differential Rebuild

Old 05-11-2015, 09:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Differential Rebuild

Hi All, I have just recently purchased Yukon 4.56 gears and ARB Lockers for my 2012 JK Sport. I am looking for recommendations or advice on Master Rebuild Kits for the Dana 30 front and Dana 44 rear that includes all the shims and good bearings without breaking the bank on the Yukon rebuild kits.

Thanks!
Old 05-11-2015, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tcampbe6
Hi All, I have just recently purchased Yukon 4.56 gears and ARB Lockers for my 2012 JK Sport. I am looking for recommendations or advice on Master Rebuild Kits for the Dana 30 front and Dana 44 rear that includes all the shims and good bearings without breaking the bank on the Yukon rebuild kits.

Thanks!
Check out Nitro gear and axle. They have 1 part number for everything you need. As for cheaper master install kits, they are all about the same. Sierra Gear and axle uses the same Timekin bearings as stock, I'm sure other do also, but I had good results with theres. I have used Motive before also and the front pinion seal was wrong and took a few days to get the right one. It was no charge to get it and they took good care of me, just had to wait.
Nitro Gear Change Package Kits - 1 Part number Front & Rear Gears, Install Kits - New Products - Nitro Gear & Axle
Old 05-11-2015, 10:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I went with motive. Arb gives you its own carrier bearings fyi. I would also order another crush sleeve or two incase you screw one up the first time
Old 05-11-2015, 11:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I used Motive master install kits. I only paid 100 bucks each for the kits, that's with Timken bearings. I got them here: https://www.knowwhere2jeep.com/

Make sure what size ring gear bolts you need for each set up. I also have Yukon gears F/R and went with F/R truetracs. The stock rear ring gear bolt is 1/2", which would have required me to drill out the carrier. Luckily the Yukon rear ring gear was duel drilled. If I remember correctly, the front IS NOT. Just double check and make sure you have what you need.

Quick Reply: JK Differential Rebuild