Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jk Dash & cluster screw

Old 05-17-2023, 12:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jk Dash & cluster screw

Hello everyone.

I am having the hardest time finding these replacement screws. Dealer can’t find them in their system and I find it hard to believe that after 2.1 million JK’s were built,

Here is the gauge cluster screw. That also works in the below holes.

somewhere along the way someone hasn’t dropped these screws in the dash or lost them. Anyone have a part number for these that they 100% know works? I am $30 in and multiple screws later the pitch, length or depth of the thread is always off.

Appears to be a 7 mm hex. I can also confirm that the gauge cluster screw is the same screw that I am after for the drivers side dash.
Old 05-17-2023, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 480 Likes on 431 Posts

I would go to those Geno paks on the racks at the parts stores and take that one with you to compare. Also a lot of the specialty body shop supply companies like NAPA have a folder with hundreds of samples you compare to. If size is not right go to the slightly larger unit to lock the threads in. Won't hurt the nut plate.
Old 05-17-2023, 12:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive got some slightly larger screws - however when i try them, it doesn't feel right...threads definitely are not the same pitch, however when i try one of those existing instrument cluster screws, it goes right in smooth as butter.
Old 05-17-2023, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator
Veteran: National Guard

Received 409 Likes on 384 Posts

Welcome to JKF .. Here is 1 that appears to be near the grab handle and it could be the same as the ones you need: M6x1x25..Mopar PN 68256918AA SCREW AND WASHER, Hex Head That would be one to seek at the parts store .. Metric M6 x1x25.. Let us know if this works.
The following users liked this post:
pondfishr (05-18-2023)

Quick Reply: Jk Dash & cluster screw