Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jk Caster problems....

Old 07-30-2010, 04:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyhorse02
I'm running 5.5 degrees on the ome hd lift. Stock settings equaled a terrible ride and death wobble. Ever since I bumped it up it drives great. Since yours is even higher I would think 6-7 would be appropiate. I'm not trying to call teraflex a liar but it seems odd almost everyone runs higher castor except for him. Seems like a marketing ploy or something, "4 inches of lift while retaining factory ride" etc blah blah
Teraflex provides REAL castor measurements, taking into account drivability and the assumption you are going to put on a new drive shaft. Why would they tell you to put 7 on, their number is a starting point, just like the control arm length recommendations. Most people are NOT running 7 degrees of castor, if so, I would love to see the printout, not a picture of their angle finder. If you know your ass from your elbow when installing this lift, it will ride like factory, and in some cases better. Too many people dont torque their bolts right, shoot for illogical levels of castor, and do other dumb things to make their rigs drive like shit. I dont understand the marketing ploy statment.

Quick Reply: Jk Caster problems....