Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK Cab Cover question

Old 04-14-2008, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts
Default JK Cab Cover question

I surf and therefore my jeep is at the beach a lot. As many of you already know, seagulls are a problem with their bathroom habits and convertibles. From what I have experienced, it is very difficult to clean the soft top. I am looking at purchasing either the Cab Vehicle Cover or the Full Vehicle cover off the Mopar website to protect it not only from the seagulls but also to keep the sun off the interior dash and seats (fading and cracking?) Is this the best way to go or a waste of money? Can you wash one of these covers in the washing machine? Thanks for the help.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good question, waiting to see the replies...
Old 04-14-2008, 09:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, I currently have the bestop one that covers down to the bottom of the doors, it's grey...I had the mopar black one with "JEEP" on the windshield and didn't care for it cause it only came down to the top of my hard half doors. I'm using the cab cover for nights and wanted something more secure.

But, if your purpose is for the beach seagull poop protection then go for the lighter and smaller mopar one...the bestop one is heavy and BIG, probably too much of a pain for quick beach cover.

just my .02
Old 04-14-2008, 09:50 PM
JK Freak

I have the Mopar one that covers the entire cab. I love it! one of my fave items as I don't have to put the top up when I am out of town on business and parked outside a motel. The only drawback is the fact it has faded quite a bit. I had it on one night when it rained and it did a fairly good job of keeping everything dry up until I slipped under and inside to rid the thing of the accumulated puddles. That's when all hell broke loose. I have washed it without incident.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

i recently got the rampage cab cover for my 2 door.no problems and is easy to put on by myself unless its windy...then i look like an idiot running around the jeep. its water proof and i put it on every night since i have the duster and bikini on all the time. it costs less than half as the mopar or bestop. hope it helps, this is one of the most helpful purchases ive made. pretty shure its washable too.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

So far from what I am hearing the cab cover is the way to go over the full cover for quick beach sessions. Any observations on the covers scratching paint (probably the full covers)? Someone had once told me that the full covers are terrible since they can damage the paint if your vehicle is dirty.

Quick Reply: JK Cab Cover question