Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK Build Begins!!

Old 12-27-2009, 01:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, during the kids nap me and the wife went out to measure all the control arms to make sure they were set correctly and noticed that the passenger front spring is hitting the sway bar and it looks like the spring is pushed really far foward in the spring pearch....The Lower control arms are at the axact same length driver front and passanger front. The uppers are within an 1/8 of an inch...

The other really odd thing is the driver front is much higher than the passanger front (2" by the tape measure) so i think there is something screwy with the passanger front side?!

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this as i think the two are related (lower height and spring being pushed to the front of the perch)?
Old 12-27-2009, 04:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

could you have welded the bracket crooked or it may have warped due to heat?
Old 12-27-2009, 05:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rcdude3
could you have welded the bracket crooked or it may have warped due to heat?
If you are talking about the axle brackets they were installed by Dynatrac and I am 99% sure they did their welds perfectly.

If you are talking about the frame, I highly doubt that as the guy that was wedling stuff up has been doing it since he was in high school and he now works at a shop doing this for a living and has been for MANY years...

I am really thinking it is the length of the control arms. I followed the instructions from tereflex, however those lengths are for the stock axles. My ProRocks have 6 degrees built into the brackets already so I don't think I need the same length on the arms. I am going to play with the lengths tonight and see if I can get them adjusted properly.

Thank you for the replys and keep the ideas coming!
Old 12-27-2009, 05:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Great rig and great pics to boot. Cant wait for you to post up picks from the trail. Good luck!
Old 12-27-2009, 05:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Marine
If you are talking about the axle brackets they were installed by Dynatrac and I am 99% sure they did their welds perfectly.

If you are talking about the frame, I highly doubt that as the guy that was wedling stuff up has been doing it since he was in high school and he now works at a shop doing this for a living and has been for MANY years...

I am really thinking it is the length of the control arms. I followed the instructions from tereflex, however those lengths are for the stock axles. My ProRocks have 6 degrees built into the brackets already so I don't think I need the same length on the arms. I am going to play with the lengths tonight and see if I can get them adjusted properly.

Thank you for the replys and keep the ideas coming!
hmmmmmmmmmmm . yeah it would have to be the CA...hit up Joe on here. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/members/teraflex-3165/
Old 12-27-2009, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is bad ass...what size lift r u running?
Old 12-27-2009, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

duh, I see you are running 4"...this jk looks great
Old 12-27-2009, 05:44 PM
JK Newbie

Awesome build... Keep up the good work. Cant wait to see it finished.

In the meantime I think I'll have a beer
Old 12-28-2009, 03:23 PM
JK Freak

Well, cross your fingers as I have the front bolts all tighted up and the front diff filled up with gear lube. Tommorrow my rear adjustable trac bar will be here and then I am heading to get everything aligned and get my front driveshaft built.

I can't wait to hit up my first trail. I have to get the gears broke in first so after the first 500 miles or so and an oil change I am hitting up the trails

I will get some pictures of the completed jeep out of the garage tommorrow afternoon
Old 12-28-2009, 08:43 PM
JK Super Freak

If ya wanna hit a trail, ill roll with ya if ya want.

Quick Reply: JK Build Begins!!