Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK Build Begins!!

Old 12-25-2009, 07:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking sick man!
Old 12-25-2009, 08:24 PM
JK Newbie

Man oh man! I love this jeep.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Hook
Man oh man! I love this jeep.
Thank you very much!!! I hope to love it once I can drive it The wait is killing me
Old 12-26-2009, 08:22 AM
JK Junkie

GREAT job man. Things can DEFINITELY be done in the garage of your home if you have the right tools and know-how. Don't listen to people saying D60s are overkill for 37s. Things can break under the right circumstances, PERIOD. There's one guy in our club running Pro-Rocks with 35s. Great job!
Old 12-26-2009, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice build, stage I very capable machine, stage II portion just wicked. Keep on man.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good!! what BS did you go with?
Old 12-26-2009, 03:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rcdude3
looks good!! what BS did you go with?
I think dynatrac had them set at 4.25 but not positive...Dynatrac has a deal with Walker Evans when you get a set of ProRocks from them so they called WE and had them build up and shipped out.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:54 PM
JK Freak

That is one sweat build
You may have to put stock tires back on to get her outta the garage
Old 12-26-2009, 07:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepsanddrums
That is one sweat build
You may have to put stock tires back on to get her outta the garage
Yeah, I would if i could. My new ProRock 60's are 5x5.5 bolt pattern instead of the 5x5 axles that were on the JK.

To be honest, I don't know if it will fit or not. I think the way it sits it won't fit out of the garage even with the tires aired down to 1 PSI. However, i think with some bumpers, winch, etc to weigh it down it may just barely fit?!

If it won't fit I will be in the market for a hard top for some added security in my driveway, not to mention low jack...oh and my handy S&W

I am shocked at how much larger the JK is over my previous TJ. My TJ had about 6" of lift and 35" tires and it cleared the garage (although it was tight)...My JK has 4" of lift and 37's and it looks like I will be filling the jeep with bricks to get it out of the garage.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Marine
Yeah, I would if i could. My new ProRock 60's are 5x5.5 bolt pattern instead of the 5x5 axles that were on the JK.

To be honest, I don't know if it will fit or not. I think the way it sits it won't fit out of the garage even with the tires aired down to 1 PSI. However, i think with some bumpers, winch, etc to weigh it down it may just barely fit?!

If it won't fit I will be in the market for a hard top for some added security in my driveway, not to mention low jack...oh and my handy S&W

I am shocked at how much larger the JK is over my previous TJ. My TJ had about 6" of lift and 35" tires and it cleared the garage (although it was tight)...My JK has 4" of lift and 37's and it looks like I will be filling the jeep with bricks to get it out of the garage.
you could just pack it full of people to get it out! or just ratchet down the suspension to get it out...

Quick Reply: JK Build Begins!!