Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK Build Begins!!

Old 12-20-2009, 06:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha gotta love that!! 37's, WE wheels, 4" LA lift, prorocks...stock bumpers.
Looks good dude!!
Old 12-20-2009, 08:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats look awesome. Cant wait to see finished Jeep.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rcdude3
haha gotta love that!! 37's, WE wheels, 4" LA lift, prorocks...stock bumpers.
Looks good dude!!

I choose to spend my money on the items that would help me most in the immediate future....I don't NEED bumpers to wheel. I am however getting bumpers once I get some money saved up :-)
Old 12-21-2009, 10:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Marine
I choose to spend my money on the items that would help me most in the immediate future....I don't NEED bumpers to wheel. I am however getting bumpers once I get some money saved up :-)
I PERSONALLY think this is the way to go!! bumpers wont help rise you or help you flex!! its like people with nice looking turner cars on the outside but then have a stock worn out motor that runs half the time. nice way to spend the coin Marine!!!
Old 12-22-2009, 05:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rcdude3
I PERSONALLY think this is the way to go!! bumpers wont help rise you or help you flex!! its like people with nice looking turner cars on the outside but then have a stock worn out motor that runs half the time. nice way to spend the coin Marine!!!

Thank you...I am amazed at some of the crap people have been giving me. Not necessarly on this board but just in general...questions like, Why start with a rubicon and rip everything out?!? or 37's and ProRocks is a waste....etc....etc...

I am glad to finally hear someone that agrees with me. I do plan for stage II to have 40's and bumpers with a 6.1L hemi.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:03 PM
JK Freak

Awesome build, can't wait to see stage I finished.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Marine
Thank you...I am amazed at some of the crap people have been giving me. Not necessarly on this board but just in general...questions like, Why start with a rubicon and rip everything out?!? or 37's and ProRocks is a waste....etc....etc...

I am glad to finally hear someone that agrees with me. I do plan for stage II to have 40's and bumpers with a 6.1L hemi.
the 37's with the prorocks is prolly a little over kill but now you can skinny pedal it all day every day and not worry!! its good that you are planning for the future as well!!
Old 12-24-2009, 05:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

First off: wicked build!!! Looks great and is coming along nicely.

Idea for your bumper:
I was in the same predictament you are about your bumpers.......still have the stock rear, which rubs by the way with 37's......but went with ORE for the front....only thing I didn't have was the fog lights...ended up picking up a Hella foglight kit for 60 bucks, installed that directly into the stock wiring. Works flawlessly.......just an idea.....I can shoot you picks if you want, but you'll have to pm me your email, my Internet is down, so I'm using my phone right now....gotta love Cox!!!!

Again.....looks awesome!!!

Jake
Old 12-25-2009, 12:46 PM
JK Freak

Here are a couple of pictures of the jeep in the garage with the axles and tires installed...

I need to get the rear trac bar installed (waiting on delivery) and install the shocks and driveshafts (have rear)...

Enough takling, here are the pictures:

Old 12-25-2009, 01:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The heck with what anyone says. you're build is your build. You logically built your jeep to perform and with room to grow. Wheel it like this for a while, then once you find the limitations of this setup. You'll be able to simply add a larger set of tires, flat fenders and some other odds and ends and continue on. I'm very envious of your build, but in the best ways. Good luck and I can't wait to see some pics of it on the trails.

Quick Reply: JK Build Begins!!