Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK Build Begins!!

Old 12-05-2009, 05:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice. I didn't realize MTRs got a new tread design.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:36 AM
JK Jedi

Conghrats man!!! This is gonna be awesome!!!!
Old 12-05-2009, 08:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome pictures

this is gonna be a sweet build. i wish i bought everything at once and then just went to town, but i keep buying piece by piece and it never ends...and never will
Old 12-05-2009, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Congrats man! It's going to be awesome Be sure to post pics when everything is done
Old 12-05-2009, 08:22 PM
JK Freak

Here is a quote from a friend that was helping me out today...he posted this up on another board with some pictures of the progress. Thought everyone would like to see the progress.

" Well....things got under way at Marine's house this afternoon after I got off of work.

When I got to his garage, he had some work done as a start -- ABS sensors off on the rear, and the rotors drilled for the new lug pattern for the 60's.
Here is what we started with:

Then we got started. First, we pulled off the driver's side ABS sensor with no problems, and disconnected the sway bar, and other steering components. Then we went to the passenger side, and we had some trouble getting the front ABS sensor out. In fact, it got tweaked just a bit too much, and it broke off.......oops. Jason will have to run a new sensor now in addition to all the other work he has to do.

Driveshaft coming off wasn't fun either -- air ratchet wouldn't even budge the bolts. There was enough lock-tite on those bolts for about 7 other Jeeps....but we got them with a little fancy leg torque.

Next we started in on the control arms...again they were on SUPER tight from the factory, but we managed. That is, until -- we got to the frame side upper control arm. The bolt holding it in was TOO LONG to come out. It kept hitting the muffler, and no way to get it out.
What great engineering....maybe I'm missing something, but this didn't seem right.

A quick introduction with the sawzall, and that bolt was gone.

Front axle finally out --

I'm surprised on how much beefier some areas of the HP D44 on the JK is compared to the TJ D44.

Anyways, poor Marine has a LONG way to go yet, but he'll get there."
Old 12-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice job there! That will be one nice setup when your done.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah that bolt has to be cut off...the other short arm kits i think come with another bolt to replace that... if not all ya need is a Grade 8 bolt. but since ya have the LA, it dont matter.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:14 AM
JK Freak

Very Cool Build! Take lots of pictures. You will love the 5.38's. With 37's and a automatic I still lock out the overdrive in the hills. Good job.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKDinker
Very Cool Build! Take lots of pictures. You will love the 5.38's. With 37's and a automatic I still lock out the overdrive in the hills. Good job.
Thank you, however I have a manual not an auto. I hope that the 5.38's aren't too deep for the 37's...if they are, I may just have to step into 40's
Old 12-06-2009, 05:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Nice job there! That will be one nice setup when your done.
Thank you very much!! I am impressed so far with the quality of your lift! I will reserve final judgement until I have experienced the install.

Anyone have a good write-up of an install of the LCG lift on a JK? I would love to read up on the complete install with photos so I feel a llittle more comfy. The instructions included with the lift are o.k. at best (my opinion).

Quick Reply: JK Build Begins!!