Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK acceleration sucks

Old 07-28-2013, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the sprint booster and a sprintex s/c on my 07. The booster certainly helped but it didn't make it feel worlds faster. It did make it feel quicker because the throttle acted faster.

By far the blower is the best mod I think I've done to my rig. I can cruise at lower rpms without worrying about shifting to climb up hills and I keep speed on the highway without having to downshift all the time.

It's not a race car by any means but it certainly is faster than it used to be.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:11 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sold my 11 and got 12 after about 8 months... couldn't stand it. Of course my measuring stick was my lifted F250 that would pin your head to the seat!! Man I miss that truck...
Old 07-28-2013, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've been trying to find something economical that would improve acceleration for awhile. Nothing cheap is going to make you go "wow". I have 35s and 4:10s and it feels like a slug. I'd just learn to live with it till you can put up the cash for a major mod.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

5:13's and 35's on my 07 still felt like a slug until the Sprint booster, 4:10's and 35's on my 13 feels just right.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say , gears and tuner. Diablosport has a throttle booster built in. Gears will give your performance back, the tuner will smooth things out and add power throughout your rpm band. ( if forced induction is out of the question )

Just think of it like this.

1. Gears- regains performance on street and off road. Often increases mpg too. Little to no maintenance. Cant go wrong with a regear. Highly recommended by almost everyone.
2. Gears+tuner - same as above but with added power and other options. Trans, speedo/tire and gear adjustments. Regear will require ecu adjustments either through a tuner or procal/flashcal anyways.
3. Forced Induction- best power increase and rumoured 2-6mpg increase with some kits. But your adding moving parts to your jeep. Keep in mind a supercharger often needs maintenance and rebuilds. 91 octane required and pricey to begin with. But JK owners seem to be very happy with forced induction.

All the best and dont be afraid to ask more questions. Real jeepers are happy to help.

Quick Reply: JK acceleration sucks