Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

jk 2011 moose lift and warranty void

Old 11-25-2010, 05:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Straight from owners manual ... any dealer that tells you that if they install the lift it doesn't affect the warranty is lying to you and also scamming Chrysler as per the last sentence.

But your warranties don’t cover any part that was
not on your vehicle when it left the manufacturing
plant or is not certified for use on your vehicle. Nor
do they cover the costs of any repairs or adjustments
that might be caused or needed because of the
installation or use of non-Chrysler parts, components,
equipment, materials, or additives.
Performance or racing parts are considered to be
non-Chrysler parts. Repairs or adjustments caused
by their use are not covered under your warranties.

AND:

No person, including
Chrysler employees or dealers may modify or waive
any part of these warranties.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:07 PM
JK Newbie

I appreciate the heads up info thx
Old 11-25-2010, 07:24 PM
JK Freak

My dealer in Indiana has installed two mopar lifts on 2011 Wranglers before they were sold. According to them, it's the first two their shop ever did. I'm sure they're not in the business of selling Jeeps with voided warranties, but that could differ from dealership to dealership. But this place is keeping in touch with the lifted customers to see how well the lifts work out. That's service!

When I took my very lightly mod'd Jeep in for service, they noticed. I was worried, but they said I was smart at what I've done so far. They even treated me like someone that knows what Jeeps are for! But just on the careful side, I try not to volunteer info
Old 11-25-2010, 07:26 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Reminds me of the guy that had the 'dealership' re-gear his JK. Got half way across the country, had the front gears fail, which took out the driveshaft and tcase also. Towed to the nearest dealership. Aftermarket parts, warranty denied. (even though a dealer installed them). Called the installing dealer to see if they would help him out. Nope, aftermarket parts. He had it towed to 4wp for new gears, ds and tcase out of his pocket...

Some dealerships are mod friendly and are willing to work with you. Others will look for any and all excuses to tell you to go pound sand. Roll the dice...
Old 11-25-2010, 07:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealer here has a NEW lifted JK with 35’s on the lot at all times. I am sure they are not selling them with no warranty. I think the safe thing to do is buy it with the jeep vs doing it later.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

I know there are debts who are "mod friendly" until they need to contact mopar for warranty issues. I bought the rubicon 2011 4 door and bought the life time bumper to bumper warranty. This cost me $3k extra and do nor want to mess it up. Regards

Quick Reply: jk 2011 moose lift and warranty void