Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

jk 2011 moose lift and warranty void

Old 11-24-2010, 08:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jk 2011 moose lift and warranty void

Does anyone know exactly what happens with the new car warranty if I put the mopar lift. Will this void the warranty????
Old 11-24-2010, 09:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It really depends on the dealer. If the dealer is mod friendly then yes and get it in writing! I have also read that although the Jeep warranty may not be affected the lift itself would not be covered.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:54 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your lift is considered a mopar performance part....

Mopar Performance Parts Warranty

Mopar Performance Parts are sold "as is," without any warranty whatsoever. Implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are excluded. The entire risk as to quality and performance of such parts is with the buyer. Should such parts prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair.

Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep® vehicle and parts warranties are voided if the vehicle or parts are used for competition or if they fail as a result of modification.

Notice

Federal and many state laws prohibit the removal, modification or rendering inoperative of any part or element of design affecting emissions of safety on motor vehicles used for transporting persons or property on a street or highway. Violation may result in a fine of up to $27,500 per vehicle. Mechanical and/or electronic performance parts cannot be use used on vehicles used on the streets or highways. These parts may be used only on vehicles used solely in sanctioned off-highway events. No other applications are intended or implied.

Note - California Only

The emission laws and regulations of the state of California apply to all non-racing vehicles. Consequently, when indicated and appropriately marked on their packaging may legally be used in California only on a racing vehicle which will never be operated on public roads.

Read it carefully and draw your own conclusions. Mod friendly dealers are out there, but if that dealer goes out of business, doesn't mean the next will be so friendly. Or if you move or say you breakdown 1000 miles from home on a trip doesn't mean any dealer will honor anything another dealership wrote up on a piece of paper.
I'm not trying to burst your bubble, just give you a heads up. You'd actually be better off going with a lift manf that actually warrantees their stuff, cause if it's up to the dealership, they always have the option of not fixing anything , including the lift components themselves as stated by this info and anything else they tie into the modifications.

Last edited by mkjeep; 11-24-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:45 AM
JK Newbie

Guys if anyone can or has this in writing from a dealer they should scan it and put it online. No dealer in NJ WILL put it in writing...thx
Old 11-25-2010, 03:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is a pretty good thread explaining a long arduous process WOL had WRT to lift and Chrysler Warranty.

I won't bore you with the details but effectively he found that you're SOL once you lift your rig.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...Lift-Your-Jeep
Old 11-25-2010, 03:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

It will either be a superlift or a pro comp lift depending on which one you buy. Just did one at the dealer I work at a few months ago and it was a pro comp.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:28 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by ukie jk
Burst who's bubble? LOL I have been around the block a few times so my bubble is pretty low on air.
Sorry, didn't realize I quoted you or that I was writing only for you, oh wait, I didn't and I wasn't.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:46 AM
JK Newbie

picking up a new 11 sahara unlimited this friday. dealer here in Boston will do the 2" or 4" mopar lift and guarantee in writing (i also have an email stating as such) they will honor the lift and jeep warranty. This is the only reason i'm going with an expensive mopar lift.. plus they're rolling the cost of the lift into the payment. Peace of mind is my reasoning for going this route.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:54 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by BostonMerlin
picking up a new 11 sahara unlimited this friday. dealer here in Boston will do the 2" or 4" mopar lift and guarantee in writing (i also have an email stating as such) they will honor the lift and jeep warranty. This is the only reason i'm going with an expensive mopar lift.. plus they're rolling the cost of the lift into the payment. Peace of mind is my reasoning for going this route.
Please post up a copy of what you get in writing. Congrats on your new JK!
Old 11-25-2010, 04:56 AM
JK Jedi

mkjeep is exactly right. Remember, your warranty is an agreement with Chrysler, not your individual dealer. Your dealer could promise whatever the hell it wants but that doesn't mean Chrysler is bound by your dealer's promise. IMO, a letter from the dealer is not worth the paper it is printed on.

If your dealership gets sold, or closed, you could be sh!t out of luck.

Quick Reply: jk 2011 moose lift and warranty void