Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Are jet chips vin locked?

Old 01-29-2010, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are jet chips vin locked?

I have an opertunity to purchase a used stage one chip for a hundred bucks. His jeep is an 07 mine is an 08 but i think it should still work. But im wondering if the thing is vin locked? Anyone know?
Old 01-29-2010, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Also will they work with the procal?
Old 01-30-2010, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Jet chips are not VIN locked. You just need to make sure the Jeep it was on has been returned to stock and you will be good to go. Not 100% sure but I think the Jet chip will work with the Procal.

Chris
Old 01-31-2010, 01:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought a used jet stage one. worked fine. just disconnect the battery before install. Also, I recommend running Premium if you want to notice any difference. I've got a CAI/TBS with the chip and saw a small diff. Switched to premium and saw another small bump up. I think the chip likes premium. I'll be installing the MBRP off road exhaust with Granatelli plug wires and NGK Iridium IX plugs. I'm hoping that with those finally changes the result will be a more noticable difference in mpg and power.

Quick Reply: Are jet chips vin locked?