Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jet Chip AND Superchips-AEV ProCal

Old 12-05-2009, 09:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet Chip AND Superchips-AEV ProCal

Is there anything wrong if I have the Jet chip installed and I try to use the superchip or the AEV ProCal in order to adjust the computer parameters?? Or should I remove the Jet Chip?
Old 12-05-2009, 01:13 PM
JK Super Freak

I seem to remember reading in the Superchips manual that having any other tuner hooked up while the Flashpaq was installed was no bueno.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I (as well as a few others) use the Flashpaq and the Procal on a regular basis, which is a *similar* situation, with no problems.

I run the Flashpaq first and the load set each parameter individually with the Procal.

You can run a very simple test by doing the same thing.

Install the Jet Chip first then set one parameter at a time the the Procal. If you want to play it safe, drive it for a day or two before Procal you set another parameter.

IMO, the only that *might* be an issue is the tire size because it can impact other things, but if I had the Jet Chip I would certainly try it.
Specially because it is so easy to reset back to stock with the Procal.

OR, you could trade in your Jet Chip for a SUPERChips.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:03 AM
JK Freak

So in a few words...

Jet Chip + Superchips = Bad Combination?

I was thinking if I use the Superchips and Jet Chip is like f I disable the Jet Chip, am I right? If so I need to sell my Jet Chip
Old 12-06-2009, 07:38 AM
JK Freak

Here's another...

Jet Chips + AEV ProCal = Only to recalibrate the speedometer and the shifts... Problems coming?
Old 12-15-2010, 05:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by aBē
Here's another...

Jet Chips + AEV ProCal = Only to recalibrate the speedometer and the shifts... Problems coming?
SUPER crazy thread revival...but.....how'd this go? I already have a Jet Stage 1, don't really need the Superchips or Hypertech, did the Procal work OK with the Jet?
Old 12-15-2010, 06:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by aBē
Is there anything wrong if I have the Jet chip installed and I try to use the superchip or the AEV ProCal in order to adjust the computer parameters?? Or should I remove the Jet Chip?
I tried the jet stage 2 and To tell you the truth i didnt feel any gain in power...i suggest you trade it for a superchip...i did and am very happy now

Quick Reply: Jet Chip AND Superchips-AEV ProCal