Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jerry Can Question...

Old 04-06-2012, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jerry Can Question...

Forgive me if this is in the wrong place. I have a couple of the older blitz gas cans to use for my CJ and MB and I wanted to seal the inside. One can needs degreased (got it with some bad gas still in it) but the others will need a slight rinse. I was gona degrease them and rinse real well and let dry then paint the outside where needed and seal the insides. Thoughts on my process?

Also, I picked up some of those new NATO jerry cans from Atlantic British and I'm pretty impressed. Gona pick up a couple more while they're still on sale.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Method Sounds good, but then again have never done it. But I do know you can degrease them(heard of it being done). After puncturing one, after it fell off a four wheel I switched over to all plastic.

Quick Reply: Jerry Can Question...