Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jerry Can Holders

Old 06-04-2010, 11:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jerry Can Holders

Well I have the LOD Rear Bumper W/Tire Carrier and added the options of the Trail Rack & Jerry Can Holders. I see by looking at the pictures that there are no provisions for securing the Jerry Cans on the Holders. I guess I can use Ratchet Straps but in my book it is going to look more than a lttle HONKY. Any ideas. I sure hate to buy something new that has just been powder coated and drill a hole in it just so I can stick the hook from a Ratchet Strap in the hole to make it more secure.
I sure would appreciate any ideas as I hate to spend the money I am spending and end up with something that looks like a jury rigged abortion.

Thanks
Old 06-04-2010, 01:03 PM
JK Freak

i am using ratchet straps and they are hardly noticeable. i'm not sure how anyone else is securing items but there are no provisions / hooks / holes etc for anything to attach to. they hold tight and don't even budge. i wouldn't worry too much about it.

i was concerned at first of theft but i've been running this set up for a month with no issues. hope you find what you're looking for but, nothing wrong with ratchet straps IMO. cheap, easily replaceable, reliable and CHEAP for what it's supposed to do. did i mention they were CHEAP?

i will add that i have seen some nice holders (i guess they can be welded to your rack) that are made of heavy guage steel and are hinged with the ability to add a lock. they surround the jerry can in the same fashion that the strap does, but they are solid metal. i thought about this option as i was in your boat, wanting something functional and cosmetically appealing. however the cost of them greatly outweighed the purpose when compared to conventional readily available ratchet straps i already owned.

i pm'd you the link where you can find these. it is also where i purchased my jerry cans from.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:04 PM
JK Freak

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by revolucion!
i am using ratchet straps and they are hardly noticeable. i'm not sure how anyone else is securing items but there are no provisions / hooks / holes etc for anything to attach to. they hold tight and don't even budge. i wouldn't worry too much about it.

i was concerned at first of theft but i've been running this set up for a month with no issues. hope you find what you're looking for but, nothing wrong with ratchet straps IMO. cheap, easily replaceable, reliable and CHEAP for what it's supposed to do. did i mention they were CHEAP?

i will add that i have seen some nice holders (i guess they can be welded to your rack) that are made of heavy guage steel and are hinged with the ability to add a lock. they surround the jerry can in the same fashion that the strap does, but they are solid metal. i thought about this option as i was in your boat, wanting something functional and cosmetically appealing. however the cost of them greatly outweighed the purpose when compared to conventional readily available ratchet straps i already owned.

i pm'd you the link where you can find these. it is also where i purchased my jerry cans from.
Thanks for the heads up. I have ratchet straps already so I will more than likely go that route.

Quick Reply: Jerry Can Holders