Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeeptoplift : anymore info then on the site

Old 03-28-2008, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeeptoplift : anymore info then on the site

Does anyone know anything about the jeeptoplift. I seen an add for the lift in the back of a mag and decided to check out the site. looks like it should work well but I have emailed them several times and have not got anything back from them. I am just wondering if you know any more info. On the site it says it is coming soon, but when and how much. I may just go with a manual lange lift. I need one for this summer because I cant do it my self and I don't have anyone else to help . anyone thanks, John
Old 03-28-2008, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

I have a chain hoist on the cieling i use for lifting atv's up for oil changes etc, I also use it to lift a 2 place snowmobile deck in and out of the back of my truck. I rigged up equal cables made of 1/4 " winch line with hooks on the ends and fastened them to the chain hoist hook and simply hoist the deck of the floor high enough i can back under it and then lower it into the truck. It is very easy and i plan on changing the ends of the cable to fasteners that will "hook" under the hard top of the jeep. You can push it around a little as your lowering it so you dont have to be parked perfectly under it. I purchased my hoist for about for about $40.00 at a discount place, Its a cheap one but it works.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I may have to rig something up. I have a holder for it once it is off to hang from the ceiling, using ratchet straps. I need something to lift it off though. I will think of something. Just want it to be simple. this is the only problem with the hard top. I had a soft top all the years I owned a jeep. This is the first hardtop I have owned.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I believe this toplift originally appeared on the now (in)famous coloradojeepman site. It disappeared about the time the discussion on this board was at it's height.

SV

Quick Reply: Jeeptoplift : anymore info then on the site