Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeeperman Rear bumper w/winch

Old 04-23-2007, 09:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jeeperman Rear bumper w/winch

Has anyone installed the new Jeeperman rear bumper with the winch? I have had the 1" body lift installed to make room for the winch in the rear and it makes the front AEV bumper look a little silly.

So here's the questions.....

Will the winch fit under the back without the 1" body lift?

Would the winch hang down to low and get damaged on the trail?

Would it be possible to fabricate an cover that would cover this and still not get in the way when on the trail?

Maybe I'll run these by the 4x4 shop, just looking for some knowledge from people that has more experience with the new JK.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know you have to relocate the muffler.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Actually, I think I got my fix. I changed to the new Ward 9.5Rc. It's much smaller and will fit where the little hide away is in the "trunk". The hide away is just going to be cut out. Then there is no need for the 1" body lift.

And yes the muffler was relocated to under the drivers side.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:39 AM
JK Jedi Master

what are you using the rear winch for?

Guys that run them, Use them to pull the rear axle up.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Winch front axle up for ascents and winch the rear axle up for descents is my understanding. I am sure it gets more complex than that though. A little 9.0rc would be awesome to have back there although man is that $$. Get someone to weld a ring or tab of some sort to the top of your diff that way you can actually use it! Post pics (not poser ones either ).
Old 04-24-2007, 01:10 PM
JK Jedi Master

thats why I was asking, thats alot of money for a winch thats just going to pull an axle up.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RgnNxn08
I have had the 1" body lift installed to make room for the winch in the rear and it makes the front AEV bumper look a little silly.

Did 1" really make that much difference in appearance? I was thinking about a 1" BL but I can't decide. Do you have any pics of the bumper after the B.L.?

And are you going to remove your body lift? If so, will you sell it?
Old 04-24-2007, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll get pictures posted early next week. It's going in for Line-x tomorrow straight from the 4x4 shop.

The best way to describe the 1" lifts effect on the bumper....... the orange lights twords the bottom of the grill is where the "cut outs" on the AEV bumper line up. Imagine those cutouts 1" lower then the lights. There is also a 2 1/2" gap from the fenders to the top of the bumper. Not terrible, but noticeable.

I don't think I will end up using the rear winch very much, it at all. When I had my Cherokee there were a few times that I wish I had one in the rear (mostly to pull out hummers, toyotas, fords...)

I'm not going to make a decision about removing it until I get the FT lift installed. Word today on the 4" FT lift is.. They have it installed on 2 JK's and are currently testing them for problems before they start projustion. Soulds like it will be a few months yet.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just went to look at the jeep at Line-X. The 1" lift definitely has to stay. The rear bumper would stick down too low without it.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

What body lift did you use? Is your jk a auto or stick?

Quick Reply: Jeeperman Rear bumper w/winch