Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JEEP Wrangler suspension, is all ok? Youtube movie

Old 06-23-2010, 09:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JEEP Wrangler suspension, is all ok? Youtube movie

HI

Please look at the movie on youtube i have made from my jeep suspension.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etTiEsXDJSc

When i drive fast on gravel roads i have some kind of shake of suspension, makes it unconfortable and strage. my jeep is only 3 weeks old,
Any advice?
Old 06-23-2010, 09:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Well your tie rod and drag link will move like that. its the type of joints that are used which allow it to move. That said, there should not be any lateral play. If you can move your tie rod and drag link from side to side (drivers to passenger), then you have some lose bolts.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:39 AM
JK Freak

As stated above, the tie rod and drag link are both on ball joints so they will move like you just did. How bumpy are the gravel roads? A solid front axle like the JK's have will feel a bit more rough than an IFS vehicle on a bumpy road, so what you're feeling might be normal if it's not too extreme.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:45 AM
JK Newbie

THanks a lot for posts
Thats what i have thought , is normal, but i need to be sure
I konw now why Jeep W is not present on BAJA 1000
The road is not so bumpy, all is fine until the bumps are smooth ( big holes) but on the smaller but deaper and more frequent holes and on small roks car starts to be unstable and sometimes is even jumping from left to right side ( just a lit bit)

Strange...

Quick Reply: JEEP Wrangler suspension, is all ok? Youtube movie