Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep wont start! - Sway bar light flashing

Old 08-30-2014, 01:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jeep wont start! - Sway bar light flashing

It's a '12 rubi with manual trans. I was installing my switch pods, got as far as mounting them and just checking to see if the switch lights themselves were shining (OTRATTW switches). No accessories are actually hooked up yet. All the ends are crimped and I ran all new wires.

The radio wont turn on with the Jeep (the welcome screen). The swaybar light is flashing, the abs light is steady, and when I try to turn the key to start, all it does is go click click click. Its an odessey battery and about a year old. Never had any troubles with that and the rest of the dash lights still shine.

I've checked all the fuses as its possible somehow a positive touched a ground, although I don't see how from what I've been doing. None of the fuses appear to be blown and I've disconnected anything that was in the oem wiring. The only thing that was tapped was the dimmer wire at the power window switch, and the acc wire on the cig lighter going to a relay.

Any ideas? I'm stumped and suppose to be on the trail tomorrow
Old 08-30-2014, 01:18 PM
JK Super Freak

To expand on it. The sway bar light doesn't flash right away. It starts after 15-30 seconds. It also does not go click click, just one single click.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:54 PM
JK Super Freak

What a dumbass. Checked the bat cabbles and everything. All the talk of tipms failures I was going crazy. Decided to check the voltage... 7.62v!!! boost and Jeep starts. All "fixed"
Old 08-30-2014, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lucky you! My battery went bad and my throttle pedal quit working, had to get the dealer to "relearn" the throttle pedal. In my research I found out that this is not uncommon. Glad your problem was easy to solve and hope your trip goes well.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks!

Are you serious that they had to make the jeep relearn the gas pedal?

Quick Reply: Jeep wont start! - Sway bar light flashing