Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep won't start

Old 01-22-2018, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep won't start

So I haven't started my Jeep in awhile. I went to start it and nothing. Figured the battery was dead so I got a jump box and the starter just clicked over and over. At this point I figured the battery was drained and maybe the starter was bad so I tried to coast start it and nothing happened. I was going down a hill in second gear and the engine just turned over like normal but nothing happened. I'm going to take the battery and starter in the morning to be tested but it still seems like something else is wrong.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:14 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 189 Posts

I wouldn't pull the starter yet. Suggest removing and cleaning the battery terminal connections, and measuring the voltage with jumpbox connected while some tries to start it with the key. If voltage goes below 9 to10, the jumpbox probably can't supply enough amps to start. Coast starting only works if the battery still has enough power to run the fuel and ignition -- If the headlights don't work it's not going to start. Most likely problem is the battery and/or corroded battery terminals.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks.

Quick Reply: Jeep won't start