Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep warranty if lifted

Old 01-21-2011, 07:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep warranty if lifted

OK, I have seen several things on here and other websites saying that if you lift your jeep your warranty will be voided. IS THIS TRUE????
I also heard its only void if it something that that lift could have cause. ex. ride qaulity..ect.
And also heard it wont void it at all.
Can someone clear this up for me.
Thanks
Old 01-21-2011, 07:35 AM
JK Freak

start reading: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...Lift-Your-Jeep
Old 01-21-2011, 07:37 AM
JK Freak

Did you read this sticky in the modified section?

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...Lift-Your-Jeep

It is one man's saga but keep in mind, if they can keep their money instead of fixing your problems and they have a good excuse...

Oops, spent too much time selecting the smiley.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Always expect the worst from the stealerships. They won't even get close to mine anymore.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:57 AM
JK Freak

My dealership was cool as hell during my 3/36 warrenty but now they document every mod when i go in for service. The saleswriter loves to tell me my tranny cooler could void my powertrain warrenty an so on. Bottom line is if they can void it they will. Chrysler is a POS company that should be out of business.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went in today to see if they would warranty ball joints and said my lift voided my warranty so I would have to pay. I knew this would happen but it won't stop me from modding my rig.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by addison06
OK, I have seen several things on here and other websites saying that if you lift your jeep your warranty will be voided. IS THIS TRUE????
I also heard its only void if it something that that lift could have cause. ex. ride qaulity..ect.
And also heard it wont void it at all.
Can someone clear this up for me.
Thanks
It really depends on the dealer. My dealer back in Indiana doesn't seem to be very mod friendly. While I've been in Virginia however, the local dealer has replaced the front axle seals, front half of my soft top framework and a new header channel. I told the guy one the phone I had a 2.5 lift and larger tires, and that I wouldn't waste our time if he wasn't covering the seals under warranty. He laughed and said bring it in since not too high and tires aren't too big, which tells me they have a limit as to how much modification they will accept and still repair the jeep.

Is something broke?

Quick Reply: Jeep warranty if lifted