Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep warranty?

Old 08-13-2010, 05:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Jeep warranty?

Will Jeep cancel your warranty if you install a leveling kit? I want to put on Duratrac 285/70R 17s on my 2010 Unlimited Sport but am worried about rubs without a lift. I will be using stock wheels for now. would the Taraflex leveling kit be eneough? I am on moderate trails and logging roads mostly and no crawling.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when i posted this it was 6 threads above yours....

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...Lift-Your-Jeep
Old 08-13-2010, 08:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

planman covered this very well...

I'll reiterate that if you have good dealer, make a genuine effort to build a relationship with the manager, service writers and when possible, the mechanics.

I have done this with my Jeep dealer and it has already paid rewards. My dealer (Smithaven Chrysler Jeep Dodge) works well with owners of modded Jeeps.

Likewise, I have a good relationship with our local Suzuki dealer. My wife's little SUV suffered a broken serpentine belt as she backed out of the driveway a week ago, Tuesday. Because I was already at work, my wife had it towed to the dealer. I called the service dept, and we discussed the problem. I fully expected to pay for the belt and labor. However, the service manager wrote it up as a broken tensioner and replaced the belt and tensioner under warranty. One of those wink-nod deals.

I had two pizzas and three 2 liter sodas delivered to the service desk just before noon. I called and told the manager that this was a small thank you for their kindness.

The best $40 I have spent in a long time....

Quick Reply: Jeep warranty?