Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep Snowboard Rack?

Old 10-12-2016 | 10:14 AM
JK Newbie

Default Jeep Snowboard Rack?

What is the best rack for snowboards?
Old 10-12-2016 | 11:26 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

The best rack for you is probably dictated by other factors beyond what will carry a snowboard. What else are you carrying? Looking for something huge that mounts to the frame with a ladder? Something minimal and low profile? What kind of top do you run in the winter? You can slap a snowboard carrier on any number of rack styles. Myself, I went Thule with tracks mounted to the hard top and a pair of bars. This takes care of all my top-on roof carrying needs. Including snowboards. As far as the actual snowboard carrier, I use the Thule short rack. Simple, fits 4 boards. They have a wider one and one on slides as well. I don't even know what's out there beyond that because I've just been moving these from vehicle to vehicle for the past decade or so.

Old 10-13-2016 | 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ratchet strap them to the spare tire? I mean... how much money do you wanna spend?
Old 10-13-2016 | 01:14 PM
JK Newbie

Where can I go to get a low profile rack?

Quick Reply: Jeep Snowboard Rack?