Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep security...

Old 12-21-2009, 01:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been broken into three time so I have the evs I (mopar) and no break ins since. I'm pretty sure it's one feature allows vehicle to not start without the laser key in regular mode and 1 km for valet mode. I was also told that a remote start would remove those features, so no remote start. Got one of these coming

Last edited by red rcok; 12-21-2009 at 01:43 AM.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hx15537
The best anti-theft device is the Ravelco system. It's not an alarm, but wired into the electrical system. It won't stop a smash and grab, nothing will, but it will keep anyone from being able to take the vehicle. They have never had one defeated, and they're not very expensive either.
X2 + recommended.

There's a thread on JK forum dedicated to Ravelco immobilisers.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My only concern is hood locks. Rugged Ridge is crap and the Mopar one is overpriced. I dont want the cable actuated DIY one. Any locking hood catches planned?
Old 12-22-2009, 11:40 AM
JK Newbie

Define "Crap"? I mean all it's there to do is keep someone from opening your hood right? I installed an $18 hood lock from the local 4X4 store and it does the job just fine. I guess I'm not looking for my hood lock to do anything more than lock the hood.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:01 PM
MFX
JK Super Freak

I can't rave enough over my Compustar Pro alarm/remote start. Yes it was expensive ($700 installed) but I don't care because it gives me peace of mind.

Some of the features include

2-way paging system
~3500' range
comes standard with hood trigger and shock sensor
I added a DEI parameter sensor. The sensor works exceptionally well when I have the doors and top off. If someone gets within 1 foot of my Jeep at night the pager starts to ring/vibrate to alert me (I never go to bed without it by my side).
I can set the Jeep to silent mode so the villain has no idea an alarm has been tripped so I can catch the SOB
also a whole bunch of other features

Check out the web-site for more details or PM me for more info. I can put together a quick video of how it works if you'd like.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Badfella
Define "Crap"? I mean all it's there to do is keep someone from opening your hood right? I installed an $18 hood lock from the local 4X4 store and it does the job just fine. I guess I'm not looking for my hood lock to do anything more than lock the hood.

The rugged ridge one can be bent to allow the hood to open. Or just tugging on the hood really hard will open it.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Locks and alarms only keep honest people honest. If a pro wants it, he gets it.
I just try to think Like a thief.
I tint my windows to make it hard to see if there is anything worth stealing.
I keep the inside clean. No boxes or stuff that might look fun to steal. Iphone comes with me. NEVER leave anything that even looks like a laptop where it can be seen. Coats go in the back so it doesn't look like I'm hiding anything.
Alarms are good. Most people just ignore them when they go off and a good thief can disconnect them quickly.
Where you park is even better. I want as many people walking past my car as possible.
I used to park back of the lot to prevent door dings and such, my car was always being messed with.
Bumper sticker of Stereo Brands/High end outdoor equipment/guns/Little Apple logo are like putting shopping lists of things that might be in your car.
I just try to not make mine the best option to steal.

Devices that keep you car safe are expensive, Paranoia is free.

BTW. I can see my Jeep from my office window right now.

Quick Reply: Jeep security...