Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep Rattles Constantly

Old 03-21-2015, 09:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I was missing clips on my back breaks and it caused a clicking noise until they were replaced, so that's always an option as well.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:07 PM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by almost
I can tell you that one source of rattle comes from the door latches when you hit bumps pretty hard. A trick I learned from here is to wrap the metal that the latch latches on to with electrical tape. It takes the slack out and since it is like rubber there is no more sound. You might have to slam the door open and shut a couple of times for the latch to dig in but after that it's golden. One of the best things i learned on this site.

Next thing to tackle is the damn skid plate/exhaust rattle thats coming back again and the A pillar creek that I had for ever.
Are you referring to the 2 metal pole thingys seen here inside the panel? That looks like it could be the culprit of about 25% of the problem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	T4mxtHh.png
Views:	7
Size:	419.6 KB
ID:	679553

Quick Reply: Jeep Rattles Constantly