Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep pulls to the right even after alignment?

Old 01-09-2013, 09:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes everything lined up fine. My buddy who did my alignment, seems to think we need a to add a tad more caster to the right side to compensate for the road crown. Being there is no way to really adjust this I was wondering if someone made a camber bolt kit for the axles?
Old 01-09-2013, 09:13 AM
JK Newbie

It's a stretch, but....could it possibly be the right rear brake/ebrake causing drag and turning you right??
Old 01-09-2013, 09:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only real way to test pull is in the center lane of a 3/5/7 lane interstate. All other lanes have crown to shed water. Since we drive on the right side of the road, even a properly aligned vehicle will often pull this way. Something else to consider may be the steering stabilizer. While they are supposed to be equally balanced, many still have biasing toward one direction. Did you recently replace yours to a new type, or nail a bump or pot-hole on one side that could've damaged you existing one?
Old 01-09-2013, 10:11 AM
JK Freak

I haven't hit anything. Jeep only has 5000 miles on it. ITs the stock steering stabilizer, but I do have heavy wheels and tires. I have rugged ridge 17 inch rims and 33.5 nitto mud grapplers.

Last edited by CarFanatic; 01-09-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The toe setting and tire pressure can cause a pull. What's the toe set at and what psi are you running? What do you mean by 12 inch wheel?
Old 01-09-2013, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

If I were you I would start with the cheapest thing to do and that's to cross the front tires and see if that changes the direction it pulls. You might be surprised how often a pull is caused by a tire. It's called a radial tire pull. If that doesn't fix it buy the parts that will allow you to change caster and have the alignment shop set the right side about a half degree more positive than the left. That will help with the crown of the road.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:55 AM
JK Freak

17 inch rim sorry.

Yes we swapped the tires, and I also know about setting the caster .5 more, and thats the problem, how can I effectly do that, you cant twist and axel the tabs are welded.. so whats the trick to getting more on one side then the other?
Old 01-09-2013, 11:09 AM
JK Newbie

Adj control arms or may try a different setting on the AEV bracket

Quick Reply: Jeep pulls to the right even after alignment?