Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep pulls to the right even after alignment?

Old 01-09-2013, 06:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep pulls to the right even after alignment?

Ok I have a 2012 4 door sport, with teraflex leveling kit, rubi springs and shocks and AEV geometry correction brackets.

My jeeps alignment is very close to stock, but the left and right caster are to close to each other, I think this is why it pulls right. Is there anything I can do to correct this? As anyone else had this issue?
Old 01-09-2013, 06:18 AM
JK Newbie

Adjustable front lower control arms is what I was told I needed to correct the problem. I ordered some from teraflex and they will be installed and jeep will be aligned again on Friday. The alignment place said they would make the pass side longer then the drivers side which should get the pull out. I have 2.5 inch teraflex coil lift with Tera flex trac bar and Tera flex steering stabilizer.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:21 AM
JK Freak

I am running the aev correction brackets, instead of the arms.. I"m pretty sure these are supposed to take the place of the arms.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just a thought, but maybe the brackets have over-corrected for the amount of lift you have from the leveling kit. I'm pretty sure the brackets are meant for 2.5"+ lift. Not sure if that's possible, just thinking...
Old 01-09-2013, 06:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does it pull to the side when your braking or just driving
Old 01-09-2013, 06:47 AM
JK Freak

the brackets are fine, they are with in the measurement aev calls for. Fine under breaking just when driving, its not a huge pull but it wants to go right when you dont hold the wheel.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CarFanatic
the brackets are fine, they are with in the measurement aev calls for. Fine under breaking just when driving, its not a huge pull but it wants to go right when you dont hold the wheel.
All vehicles are designed to do this. It's a safety thing, think falling asleep at the wheel.
Not sure if this is the first 'Jeep' like vehicle you've ever had, but you may just be noticing it more now.
Take your friends fancy car for a drive and take you hands off the wheel, see what happens.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:11 AM
JK Freak

not my first jeep. just more noticeable in this one then the past ones.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you drive with no hands often?

I know what you mean though. What are your caster measurements? Is your toe in adjusted correctly? Have your checked your tire pressures? Just some ideas...

Last edited by SpicedCrusher; 01-09-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:02 AM
JK Freak

The crown of the road is usually to the right which will worsen the effect I'm sure. Another thing to think of is a crosswind. I work at an airport and I'm cognizant of the wind, there are days when I drive to work arrow straight and then on the way home I get pushed to the right thanks to a stiff wind. If you still get the pull without a crown or wind try checking the centering of the axles, check your track arm and lca bolts. Is the steering wheel centered?

Quick Reply: Jeep pulls to the right even after alignment?