Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep pulls to the left.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same direction after tire rotation.....

I centered the steering wheel. I put a TF 2.5" BB on my first JK and didn't have any issues.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:25 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ezav8tr
I had 100 miles on my 2012 2dr Rubicon when I installed a 3" Zone lift (springs and shocks) along with 35" MTZ's and ever since then it's pulled to the left. So far I have:
1) taken it in for an alignment (the shop did a manual alignment but are used to lifted vehicles)
2) loosened all hardware while on ground and jumped up and down on the bumper, then retightened.
3) rotated the tires
4) took it back in for an alignment check at 1200 miles after wheeling it in Colorado. No change was needed.

What gives?

Should I take it to another alignment shop?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
You need a set of adjustable control arms to adjust your caster. Without it your jeep will be wondering on the highhway
Old 12-14-2012, 08:43 AM
JK Newbie

Default Jeep pulls to the left.

Originally Posted by ezav8tr
I centered the steering wheel. I put a TF 2.5" BB on my first JK and didn't have any issues.
I didn't mean any disrespect when I asked that about the steering wheel ,lol, its just that you would be surprised at what I've seen some guys do !!

Sent from BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Last edited by crazygrady127; 12-14-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Non taken.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:48 AM
JK Newbie

Check the suspension Arm bushing if they are worn or damage. Mine was pulling to the left an it was the front upper control arm bushing.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:03 AM
JK Freak

You didn't mention an adjustable track bar or rear TB bracket. 3" of lift will shift your axles and could cause a pull feel.
The following users liked this post:
Art Amador (06-16-2022)
Old 12-16-2012, 05:00 PM
JK Newbie

I had the same problem with my Jeep since installing a 3 in lift right after I bought it. Well after 6 months of driving it and it pulling to the left I finally fixed it last week. I added an adjustable front track bar (I had a rear track bar drop bracket installed at the time of the lift) and AEV Geometry Control Brackets for the front lower control arms. No more pulling to the left. I am pretty certain that the front adjustable track bar would have fixed it since by my measurements the front axel had shifted about 3/4 in left after installing the lift but the AEV Geometry brackets were added for good measure.
The following users liked this post:
Art Amador (06-16-2022)
Old 12-17-2012, 12:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Texcop. I think you have the solution. Here's a reply from a guy named Dave on another forum that has a good explanation.

"First things first - if you have re-centred the diff on the rear with the relocation bracket but have not recentred the front, you may find your front to rear thrust angle is a little off. Easy to check, measure the distance between the left wheels and the right wheels, easier with a friend, I measured wheel centre to to wheel centre.

To explain my comments on thrust angle. Have a look at the control arms - they are not perfectly parallel left to right. The axle ends are closer together than the chassis end. When the front diff is pulled toward the drivers side slightly with the lift, the drivers side control arms will straighten a little and the passenger side will go on more of an angle.

This will push the drivers side of the diff further away from the chassis and pull the passenger side slightly closer. Net effect is now your diffs are not parallel to each other and the vehicle will have a natural tendancy to drive in a circle to the left.

Adjustable front track bar will fix this. It will also make the steering wheel a lot more off centre and require the drag link adjusted."

Last edited by ezav8tr; 12-17-2012 at 12:51 AM.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

STILL trying to find solutions for the JKU steering box, but anyway.... I'm running 37's with a 4in lift. adj F/R track bar adj F lower control arms... fixed the death wobble(all new greasable steering components) but after alignment, I am getting a hard pull to the left even against gravity and just doesn't seem solid on the road(wonder and the steering wheel feels loose). (meaning even if the road is slanted down to the right \\ my jeep still pulls left.)

STILL READ THIS BLOG ABOUT ALIGNMENT OF THE LIFTED JK.
https://txtire.com/blog/view/jeep-jk...ing-a-lift-kit
Old 05-22-2018, 04:07 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepjkgrrl
STILL trying to find solutions for the JKU steering box, but anyway.... I'm running 37's with a 4in lift. adj F/R track bar adj F lower control arms... fixed the death wobble(all new greasable steering components) but after alignment, I am getting a hard pull to the left even against gravity and just doesn't seem solid on the road(wonder and the steering wheel feels loose). (meaning even if the road is slanted down to the right \\ my jeep still pulls left.)

STILL READ THIS BLOG ABOUT ALIGNMENT OF THE LIFTED JK.
https://txtire.com/blog/view/jeep-jk...ing-a-lift-kit
Do you have a print out of your alignment specs? 4" of lift is quite a bit to try to get away with just lower front adjustable arms. Curious what kind of caster you have with current set up. Have you replaced ball joints recently? Curious since you mentioned "loose steering" along with having replaced "all new greasable steering components". Doesn't seem like we see many comments about Mud Hog tires.....some tires are just notoriously bad for pulling. Those tires aren't a new addition are they? ie, you've had them and had zero of these issues previously.

Quick Reply: Jeep pulls to the left.