Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep pulls hard right after Detriot Truetrac installed.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you figure out the cause of the problem yet?
Old 03-25-2013, 03:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any new info on the fix to this problem?
Old 03-25-2013, 03:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Phrogmech46
The only thing 4 wheel parts is good for is their price match and free in store pick up shipping. I would not let them even change my wiper blades.

If they give you any answer besides we will tear it back apart call corporate, file a complaint with the BAR and with BBB. That will get someones attention.

You are a better person than me, I would of asked to see the steering stabilizer that they said would fix the problem and beat the guy over the head with it.
you southern California folks must have lameos down there. Up here in Sac Town I have had nothing but good experiences with 4WP. About 20 years and 5 different 4wd vehicles 3 of which were Jeeps. Stand by their work and even fixed a broken front seat(they broke it) with no questions asked.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just wanted to chime in.....I have a trutrac in the front and rear of my Jeep. Once the Trutrac was installed the shop told me the steering will feel heavier. I immediately noticed my steering felt heavier. Also, my Jeep does have a slight pull to the right. I too have checked everything tire wise and suspension wise. Everything checks out. I jacked the Jeep up to check the balljoints and everything felt tight. Let me know what your outcome is.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

I had a Yukon Grizzly Locker installed up front with a DuragGrip in the back.

I also have a pull to the right. Has anyone found a root cause for this?
Old 10-14-2013, 12:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ran TrueTracs front and rear in my 07 X for 4 years on 33 and 35" tires and never felt any pull or heavy steering whatsoever.

In 4WD yes, it steers a little slower but that's just plain old traction not fault of the LSD.

OP one simple problem may be the passenger side brake caliper got spun around once when they bolted it back on.
Result is your brake line is twisted up and nor relasing pressure on the piston and causing the right brake to drag.

Hope it's a simple fix. 'let us know what they do for you.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:54 AM
JK Newbie

Sorry it's been so long since I've replied. The Tru-trac stopped pulling after about 3000 miles. Guess it needed to break in. I did give them a hard time for for the fix advice. I'm more than happy with the performance of the Tru-trac. Works better than expected.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

put a lunch box locker in my old tj and even in 2wd it pulled. In 4x4 it pulled so bad it was dangerous. After a month of that I pulled it out.

Quick Reply: Jeep pulls hard right after Detriot Truetrac installed.