Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep pulls hard right after Detriot Truetrac installed.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK xx-LSD-xx
Sad to say yes it was 4 Wheel Parts since you asked neighbor.
Yeah take it back and do not let them tell you to buy anything else to fix it

It does sound like something is dragging maybe

Most of us locals stay away from 4 wheel parts
Old 03-17-2013, 10:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jaker t5
Yeah take it back and do not let them tell you to buy anything else to fix it

It does sound like something is dragging maybe

Most of us locals stay away from 4 wheel parts
My guy doesn't do gearing so I thought I'd give them a chance being a major chain I thought they could handle it.

The gearing is fine it's the LSD that's having issues.

Thanks all the advice Jeepers! It's most appreciated.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

IMHO a reputable shop would have you in there for a tear-down immediately. Trying to sell you an un-needed part adds insult to incompetence.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default left?

As we all know good help is hard to find and putting on a shirt with logos on it doesn't make one an expert.Personally I'd trailer or have it towed back as an abrupt left turn (lockup) could be disastrous.Not to mention further internal damage. Hope it works out for you. Keep us in the loop.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Tru trac front vs. rear

You went with front TT. I was planning rear. Which is preferred and why. Thanks
Old 03-17-2013, 10:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sargejk
You went with front TT. I was planning rear. Which is preferred and why. Thanks
You already have a limited slip in the rear unless you are running Rubicon axels. In that case you would most likley have Lockers. So being on a budget of $2000 or so I decided to get gearing and fender flares and have the Truetrac installed in the front axel while they had it cracked open. Selectable locker would be my first choice but it wasn't in the cards so the next best thing for me was running LSD front and rear. It's my DD and I'm not Wheel'in on Black Diamond Jeep Trails in my Local Mountains every weekend. Just every other weekend. For a dedicated Off road vehicle selectable lockers front and rear. Just depends on what you're looking for to suit your
needs. This works for me. I would do front first IMO.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't have rear LSD...just traction control. That's why I was tossing around the front vs. rear question. I'm leaning toward LSD in rear, that way I can benefit from it in 2wd...make sense?
Old 03-18-2013, 02:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

The only thing 4 wheel parts is good for is their price match and free in store pick up shipping. I would not let them even change my wiper blades.

If they give you any answer besides we will tear it back apart call corporate, file a complaint with the BAR and with BBB. That will get someones attention.

You are a better person than me, I would of asked to see the steering stabilizer that they said would fix the problem and beat the guy over the head with it.

Last edited by Phrogmech46; 03-18-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Phrogmech46
The only thing 4 wheel parts is good for is their price match and free in store pick up shipping. I would not let them even change my wiper blades.

If they give you any answer besides we will tear it back apart call corporate, file a complaint with the BAR and with BBB. That will get someones attention.

You are a better person than me, I would of asked to see the steering stabilizer that they said would fix the problem and beat the guy over the head with it.
I am with you. I would not let them lube the chain on my bicycle. In my area they are all jerks that work their.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure the gear oil used in the Truetrac diff is not synthetic. It does sound like something is binding up in your front axle. Truetracs have a very low failure rate so I am guessing install. If the front isn't even in gear then the Truetrac is just spinning free so it really can't be the problem.

The LSD from the factory is virtually useless offroad, and nothing like Truetracs helical gear system. If I had to choose one or the other I would chose to install them in the rear. The rear is always where the weight is on climbs and is always engaged. If you are locking the rear and want to do something up front on the D30 then a Truetrac is good for that too.

Quick Reply: Jeep pulls hard right after Detriot Truetrac installed.