Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep pulls hard right after Detriot Truetrac installed.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep pulls hard right after Detriot Truetrac installed.

I just had my Detriot truetrac installed in my front d30 after regearing to 4.88.

My Jeep now pulls hard right after the install. Called the shop who did the install (major chain 4x4 shop) and told them whats up and the Tech said to get a gas steering stabilizer to counter the right pull.

What an idiot! Now I'm worried if this guy installed my LSD I'm screwed. It's now making metal on metal grinding faintly. I can feel the right side passenger pulling. Air pressure,tires,alignment all good.

After install pulling. Think he might of damaged a bearing during install? I had them use the old bearings since my Jeep only has 20,000 miles bearings should still be good. Braking tracks straight,deceleration under 30 mph tracks staight.

What the hell did they do to my baby?

The gearing on the other hand is great. Back to getting 20-17mpg on hwy and running 2600rpm at 70mph running 34's . Happy with that.

Just not the B.S. responce to buy something to counter the pull. It's going back first thing monday morning to be fixed. Pulling and making noise I'm positive are not normal.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated since I'm a structural Rigger not a mechanic. I know my way around a Vehicle it's just not my Profession. Again thank you in advance for any advice.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm with you on this issue! I see no reason why it would pull in 2 high that diff only kicks in when needed & senses a slipping wheel.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:22 AM
JK Junkie

Your Jeep is in 2wd right?
Old 03-17-2013, 05:37 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by OH9JK
Your Jeep is in 2wd right?
Yes it's in two wheel drive. I'm afraid to put it 4wheel. I see no reason why it would pull other than an installation error. My Jeep is faily new and Didn't pull prior to the Gearing front & Rear and Truetrac install in the Front.

Gearing no problems. The pulling right and their solution over the phone have me worried. I'll find out tomorrow I just want as much info before I take it back in case they try and tell me it's fine. I hope that's not the case.

I just want to be prepared.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:31 AM
JK Junkie

Yeah I would take it back. You should not notice the LSD up front when in 2wd...that's why I asked...sounds like it could be binding up. They did fill it back up with gear oil right?

Their "solution" of a steering stabilizer is frick'n funny!
Old 03-17-2013, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Do you know by chance what type of diff fluid they put in?
Old 03-17-2013, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by alanscott1
Do you know by chance what type of diff fluid they put in?
Paperwork says SAE 85w-140 plus HD
Old 03-17-2013, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default pulling left?

Just for grins which shop performed the work? The advice to get a steering damper sounds BOGUS to says the least.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Woody
Just for grins which shop performed the work? The advice to get a steering damper sounds BOGUS to says the least.
He is in menifee so I hope it wasn't 4 wheel parts
Old 03-17-2013, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jaker t5
He is in menifee so I hope it wasn't 4 wheel parts
I was floored when I got that response and sarcasticly replied should I get a dual stabilizer but I don't think he picked up on that. That's why I'm a little worried about who worked on it. Hopefully not moron who came up with that Idea.

Sad to say yes it was 4 Wheel Parts since you asked neighbor.

Come Monday I hope everything gets resolved I like having them so close and want to give them the opportunity to fix the problem before I start Bad Mouthing them.

Last edited by JK xx-LSD-xx; 03-17-2013 at 10:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Jeep pulls hard right after Detriot Truetrac installed.