Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep Not Tracking Straight

Old 07-05-2011, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Not Tracking Straight

Hey guys, when I let go of the wheel, my Jeep wanders off to the right. I know for a fact that this is from hitting the water that pools on the right of the road during a swift Texas downpour too hard... anyways it has been messed up for awhile now, and even after installing a new HD tie rod and getting a professional alignment it does the exact same thing. What could be the culprit?

Last edited by Mr.ZAP; 07-05-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have a lift ? If so, do you have ADJ tracbars ? Mine pulls slightly to the left at times but my axle is noticably shifted in the rear and less noticable in the front....
Old 07-05-2011, 02:23 PM
JK Junkie

Where in TX, I lived in copperas cove (fort hood) and the roads are designed with a slight slope for the water to drain. Just food for thought...
Old 07-05-2011, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have about 2.5" of lift and yes, the roads do the same thing here. It will drift to the right even on a perfectly flat highway. Can't be the SS because I have replaced it numerous times and I am still at base x. Also cannot be the tires as it has done it on two completely different sets.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:13 PM
JK Freak

X2, check your front alignment. Especially check that both axles are centered to the frame.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment

Quick Reply: Jeep Not Tracking Straight